UKC

Accident at Logie Head Saturday

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Anonymous 13 Sep 2004
In reply to DougG:

A coastguard spokesman said: "It is an area that is very popular with rock climbers.
"It is all cliffs so it can be very dangerous.

Is he suggesting that climbers would be better off climbing where there are no cliffs

OP DougG 13 Sep 2004
In reply to Anonymous:

Typical sh!te newspaper reporting, I'm afraid.
Yorkspud 13 Sep 2004
In reply to Anonymous:

err no? Probably just advising the public that its dangerous ie past of his job. Read the article and it seemed to keep to the facts and doesnt really seem worthy of the usual climbing community ie "Stoopid punters/press/non-climbers saying uniformed things about us....etc"
climbing haggis 13 Sep 2004
In reply to DougG:

unfortunately my attempt to kill JoHNY has come to nothing. I didn't reckon on him being resued.

Sorry, I'll try better next time.
Removed User 13 Sep 2004
In reply to climbing haggis:
Remember to take a knife the next time!!
 Chris Fryer 13 Sep 2004
In reply to Anonymous: I think what he means is there are no easy points of access as the coast near there is all cliffs. Sounds like a typical climbing accident that invlved a leg injury, preventing the person from being able to walk out. Could happen on many cliffs, all over the country.

And not long after Mike C's close shave there either.
 Dave80 13 Sep 2004
In reply to DougG: Yeah but the question is does anyone have any idea who it was? I know a lot of climbers of that sort of age in the area so would be interested to know more.
Some how just phoning round your mates to ask if it was them who had an accident doesn't seem right and it can take quite a while for the news to spread if its a mate you don't see very often. Luckly sounds like they weren't too badly injured though.
heather monkey 13 Sep 2004
> (In reply to DougG)
>
> unfortunately my attempt to kill JoHNY has come to nothing. I didn't reckon on him being resued.

JoHNY? 23??? In his dreams!
 Norrie Muir 13 Sep 2004
In reply to heather monkey:
> JoHNY? 23??? In his dreams!

Dear heather

And outdoors!

Norrie
 Stuart S 13 Sep 2004

> I didn't reckon on him being resued.

Re-sued? Is that where someone sues him twice for something? Do you think that's why he fell off?!?
 Dave80 13 Sep 2004
In reply to Stuart S: Could it have been an attempt to avoid paying out any money?!?
I can see the headlines now : "Climber ends up in hospital while trying to avoid litigation"
davey111 14 Sep 2004
In reply to Anonymous: the climber in question was a friend of mine and previous partner (climbing partner before anyone asks)he fell and got snagged on a extender that was running over the back of his leg. As he fell the wire gate on the extender snagged in his leg, which opened his leg up like a peeled orange. I've never heard of an accident like it before, anyone else?

I dont think anyone will know him, as he is fairly new to the area.
 Mike C 14 Sep 2004
In reply to davey111:
Doesn't sound too pleasant, I hope he's recovering OK. I had a long fall of Cullenary Delight a couple of weeks ago but managed to stay clear of everything, including the ground, though only just!
Nicola Seal 14 Sep 2004
In reply to davey111: oooo, that's just horrible! Hope your mate recovers ok, sounds nasty.

Hopefully he's back on the sea cliffs in no time, I'm sure our paths will cross at some point.

Mike C- be glad it wasn't you mr! New krabs arrived yet?
 Mike C 14 Sep 2004
In reply to Nicola Seal:
Yeah, arrived last Friday, already got red tape on, on gear & waiting for someone to climb with! & remember, I jump away from rock when I come off!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...