UKC

Any success with Lattice Lite?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 DanBrown 17 Dec 2018

Hi All, 

I've just purchase a lattice lite training program and will be doing the assessment this evening with a view of completing the 12 weeks starting in Jan. Goal to improve my bouldering grade. 

I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with the program and if they saw a notable difference post training program? Basically, any success stories? 

Cheers,

Dan 

jezb1 17 Dec 2018
In reply to DanBrown:

If you’re on FB check out the Lattice Training Community.

Tru 17 Dec 2018
In reply to DanBrown:

Hi Dan

I had a full assessment with lattice and a training plan created by an accredited coach.

For me it was very worthwhile, I went up two grades in 6 weeks! Obviously this is not going to happen to everyone, I was somewhat of a freak with a high endurance score and very low finger strength score so a bit of targeted structured training had a big payback.

Will it be worthwhile for you, impossible to tell however structured training clearly works and it has taught me to spend my money on getting better at climbing and not on shinny new kit that I don't need.

Rob.

snoop6060 17 Dec 2018
In reply to DanBrown:

I have their app which for free is well decent. I hoped thier lite training thing would actually show on the app and give you a kick up the arse in the morning you have a session scheduled . That'd be a nice feature. I'd have it set to notify the night before with something like "stay off the booze fatty". And if you miss a session you just get a stream of abuse on your phone.  

Sankey 17 Dec 2018
In reply to snoop6060:

Send us 80 quid and your phone number, job done.

> And if you miss a session you just get a stream of abuse on your phone.  

rumblesan 17 Dec 2018
In reply to DanBrown:

Dan, if you're after that elusive sponsorship then you'll need more than 12 weeks mate

For what it's worth, I started using the app a couple weeks ago and am actually doing some structured fingerboard training. give it a couple weeks and I'll let you know how well max hang half crimps actually translate to climbing improvement.

kevin stephens 17 Dec 2018
In reply to DanBrown:

On the face of it £80 does seem a lot to tell you you are weak and need to do more dead hangs and pull ups. But I guess having paid up one feels more obliged to do them.  However I would be happy to be convinced 

emma1987 17 Dec 2018
In reply to Tru:

Snap!!! Insane endurance but weak fingers! I too went up two grades in about 2 months after a full assessment and plan. 

Tru 18 Dec 2018
In reply to emma1987:

Congrats, good to know I'm not on my own.

Any recommendations for good 7b's in the Peak for fit but weak people like us. I am little concerned I will still feel as weak as a kitten on Peak limestone.

snoop6060 18 Dec 2018
In reply to Tru:

Indecent at the tor? It's 7b+ from the first bolt but is not cruxy at all and doesn't have any hard moves. Most of peak lime is pretty bouldery tho. 

There is also braciation dance at WCJ. Again 7b+ but well soft. It's steep with massive holds and a bit of a blind throw at the top to a decent hold. Probably the softest 7b+ in the peak

kevin stephens 18 Dec 2018
In reply to kevin stephens:

Thanks for the 2 comments on the full plan, and feedback on the Lite version?

emma1987 18 Dec 2018
In reply to Tru:

I haven't done many 7Bs in the peak...tried Obscene Gesture at the Tor a few weeks back, its a 7C but doable I think! Theres a 7B next to it that looked pretty good too! 

slab_happy 19 Dec 2018
In reply to kevin stephens:

> Thanks for the 2 comments on the full plan, and feedback on the Lite version?

I have the impression they only introduced Lattice Lite a month or two ago, so there's not going to be anyone out there who's completed a full 3 months' Lite program and can report back yet.

FWIW, I recently did a full assessment with them and found it very informative, and I'm using some sessions from the Crimpd app in my current training; I think their knowledge is sound and they've got an amazing database to work with.

remus Global Crag Moderator 19 Dec 2018
In reply to slab_happy:

> I have the impression they only introduced Lattice Lite a month or two ago, so there's not going to be anyone out there who's completed a full 3 months' Lite program and can report back yet.

We started selling the Lite plans on 14th October and it's typically 1-2 weeks after purchase that you'll then start the plan (it takes a little time to write them as they're all individual to the climber), so the first plans we sold will be coming to an end in the next week or so.

(I work for Lattice).

Ian Patterson 19 Dec 2018
In reply to Tru:

> Any recommendations for good 7b's in the Peak for fit but weak people like us. I am little concerned I will still feel as weak as a kitten on Peak limestone.

Peak limestone is a bit short on quality 7bs, and even more so if you're looking for non bouldery stuff, better at 7a+ and some of them are pretty hard!  One I can think of include Daylight Robbery, Two Tier (very good, not super cruxy but quite hard and a bit run out at the top), few things at Embankment (Beef It, Mind of a Turbot) , not super quality but worthwhile, maybe something at Masson Lees (mostly 7a/7a+ though) or Smalldale (Virtual Insanity?).  

Overall think there's much better choice at 7b in Yorkshire, North Wales, Clwyd or South Lakes.

afx22 19 Dec 2018
In reply to DanBrown:

Apologies if I'm hijacking the thread but...

How does fitting in the training plan work in relation to what people were doing before?  For instance, I boulder three or four times a week (usually 3 hours plus, each time) - outdoors when it's dry and I have time off and indoors when it's not.  I assume I'd have to change my habits?

Alex@home 19 Dec 2018
In reply to Tru:

I'm also weak with good endurance. From what I did this year I'd recommend

Virtual insanity

Big zipper 

Old man river

And at 7b+

Sardine

Cosmopolitan

emma1987 19 Dec 2018
In reply to Ian Patterson:

Virtual Insanity!! Totally worthwhile, what a last move! Need to go back and finish that...proper sandbag though  

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...