UKC

Beastmaker Training Board needs a home

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 kpyper 28 Nov 2018

I have a small woody training board in the garage that I no longer need. Dan Varian himself came and installed it a few years ago: the plywood was all my own and the holds are all Beastmaker, so it really is top quality. I can't speak highly enough of the benefits of training on a decent woody; it's a great investment for anyone who wants to step up their training. The best training for climbing is climbing, and I can attribute so many of the improvements in both my strength and technique to this board.

I haven't been able to part with it up until now, but I am off to uni soon and I know that I will never be able to use it again. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of how to resell it, or if any climbing walls might want it. If you know of anyone that might be interested please let make sure they drop me a message to discuss prices and the logistics of installing it etc. I would much prefer for someone else to get the use and enjoyment out of it as I did rather than it sitting in the garage.

Kirsten

stp 28 Nov 2018
In reply to kpyper:

There is a For Sale forum here on UKC to advertise stuff in (red price ticket logo). I imagine it's too expensive to consider delivery so you'd need to say where you are so potential buyers will know how they have to travel. And a good photo and description of what's included would help. Otherwise maybe advertise it at you're nearest indoor wall.

In reply to kpyper:

maybe try the ukbouldering forum too - lots of love and longing for woodies there.

In reply to kpyper:

Kirsten where about s are you based?

OP kpyper 28 Nov 2018
In reply to paul_in_cumbria:

Hi Paul, I'm based in Newcastle. Feel free to email any questions to me directly kirsten.pyper@gmail.com

Thanks

OP kpyper 28 Nov 2018
In reply to kpyper:

Just to add. I'm based in Newcastle. The dimensions are roughly 6.5 by 9.5 ft. I had it at a 40-45 degree angle.  It's not completely free standing but there is some supporting framework on the back which Dan installed. I have mattresses and covers that can be used as padding if needed. If you are interested in photos of the board please email me separately as I can't post them on here  

Kirsten

Post edited at 22:45

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...