/ Boulders Cheltenham

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Dyfed72 06 Oct 2019

The website is still up:

https://cheltenham.bouldersuk.com/

but no updates so assume it’s not happening. Anyone got any info on this? I wonder if they have been put off by the planned Warehouse redevelopment nearby. 

AndyRoss 06 Oct 2019
In reply to Dyfed72:

They got planning permission about 3 months ago I think. Not heard anything since.

nikoid 07 Oct 2019
In reply to AndyRoss:

I think we can assume it is not going to happen. The lack of any announcement says it all. In an earlier post on this subject it was suggested something "strategic" was going on which I didn't really understand.

Post edited at 09:50
Dyfed72 07 Oct 2019
In reply to nikoid:

Such a shame. I was getting excited about this. Currently drive to Redpoint Worcester or Bloc. 

Dyfed72 07 Oct 2019
In reply to AndyRoss:

Yes, read the previous thread. Something about possibly making this announcement to block development of another centre (Warehouse?) but that all seems wrong way round to me. Why would Boulders seek to block the development of a centre in an area in which they have no presence? Makes no sense. More likely, they were going to develop in Cheltenham and have had second thoughts since Warehouse announced its plans to develop a couple of miles across town. 

Whatever the reason, it’s a shame. 

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.