UKC

plas y brenin climbing wall

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

I believe that Plas y Brenin are going to revamp the climbing wall and wanted to hear people's thoughts on this. Apparently all the featured walls are going and will be replaced by flat boarding with holds. Any thoughts on this?

Luke90 23 Jan 2018
In reply to Neil Metcalfe101:

It's probably a decade since I've been to Plas Y Brenin but flat panels seem like an obvious choice to me. You don't see many modern walls being built in any other way, except perhaps the odd small sculpted section for novelty value. Setters can always use volumes if they want.

olddirtydoggy 23 Jan 2018

Other than people doing the courses does anyone go there with  a view to using the walls? I thought it was alright.

The Potato 24 Jan 2018

i went a few times last year and the year before, mostly for bouldering though as it was an after work thing as and when i could manage it. Ive never been inspired by the routes and often found myself more confused than anything with the route setting. I suppose a change is a good thing then?

Wingnut 24 Jan 2018
In reply to olddirtydoggy:

>>Other than people doing the courses does anyone go there with  a view to using the walls?

Yes ... if you're staying in Nant Peris and it's so wet the sheep are swimming lengths of their fields, it's easy to get to and makes a bit of a change from the Beacon.

eggs 26 Jan 2018

It's been handy a few times, but yes, the setting/grading was confusing. Boards seem like the way to go, especially when used with simple grade range colour coding.  

To be honest, I found just getting inside the damn wall to be around the 8A mark... The keycode lock system shut me down completely. 

Hiya bud, hope all well. I prefer the Indy wall as PYB always seems too busy. 

Allan

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...