UKC

Portable hangboards

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Thomas Martin 23 Oct 2018

Does anyone know of a UK based location of in stock portable fingerboards I've searched all over and can only see stuff in far flung locations or all are out of stock..

Cheers 

ianstevens 24 Oct 2018
In reply to Thomas Martin:

Why does it need to be in stock in the UK? You can order a Problem Solver now, presumably from Sweden, and it will be here within the week as far as I can tell.

gravy 24 Oct 2018

Make your own...

MischaHY 24 Oct 2018

Order from Crusher Holds, he makes them in Lancashire as far as I know. 

ianstevens 24 Oct 2018
In reply to MischaHY:

Out of stock

slab_happy 24 Oct 2018
In reply to ianstevens:

> Out of stock

According to the website, that's because he's on holiday and will be back on the 27th, if you can wait that long.

HardWoodHolds seems to have portable fingerboard in stock:

https://www.hardwoodholds.co.uk/store/p150/Portable_Fingerboard.html

ianstevens 24 Oct 2018
In reply to slab_happy:

Not for me I might add.

That one seems like a strange set up, and very easy to DIY - saw up a campus rung and screw it on some ply?

James Malloch 24 Oct 2018

I've got a Problem Solver training board which is essentially unused. 

Let me know if you would be interested in it.

https://www.problemsolver.rocks/shop/problemsolver-training-hangboard

remus Global Crag Moderator 24 Oct 2018
In reply to ianstevens:

> That one seems like a strange set up, and very easy to DIY - saw up a campus rung and screw it on some ply?

It's surprisingly tricky to make a board that hangs straight when you hang it up.

Dr Toph 24 Oct 2018
In reply to remus:

> It's surprisingly tricky to make a board that hangs straight when you hang it up.

Thread your suspension cord through holes in the top rung/slot of your hangboard, not the ply above it. Then it should be reasonably balanced when you weight it.

Will try to provide pics. I have a perfectly functional board made of a piece of ply with two different sized moon campus rungs screwed on. Can be easily hung in a tree. Guess it cost under £30 all in.

OP Thomas Martin 25 Oct 2018
In reply to slab_happy:

Are crusher definitely back on the 27th? as that the ones i really want. It seems a better size to actually train on as apposed to the problem solver ones which i admit do look good but just a bit narrow to dp repeaters and such like on.   

Crusher site will not let me order anything at present

Cheers Tom Martin 

In reply to James Malloch:

How much would you like for it? just in case i cannot get a crusher?

Thanks Tom Martin 

jezb1 25 Oct 2018

I've got a crusher fixed at home.

I like it fixed, but I tried it hanging from cord first and didn't find it that good to use like that.

Paul Crusher R 25 Oct 2018

Ready to take orders from the site now Tom, cheers Paul

In reply to jezb1:

yeah its kinda a compromise tbh, i have a beast maker at home but i'm not able to use it when away with work and all the walls shut at 6pm on a weekend were i am atm. So its specifically for hotel rooms etc. probably off a portable pull up bar. Its kinda a needs must scenario. 

cheers 

Elliot Shiel 31 Oct 2018

Check out Ash Climbing Products on Instagram. Handmade in Sheffield!

slab_happy 01 Nov 2018
In reply to Elliot Shiel:

> Check out Ash Climbing Products on Instagram. Handmade in Sheffield!

The instagram says "DM or email for enquiries and purchasing", with no visible e-mail address. Is there any way of contacting them for people who don't have Instagram?

Si dH 01 Nov 2018

> Are crusher definitely back on the 27th? as that the ones i really want. 

I had a similar situation in August and just contacted the guy who makes them directly, he got back to me after a couple of days and I got the board 3 weeks later. 

remus Global Crag Moderator 01 Nov 2018
In reply to slab_happy:

Disclosure: I work for Lattice.

We're working with Ash to sell his fingerboards, you can get them here https://products.latticetraining.com/product/lattice-portable-fingerboard/

Post edited at 08:48
 slab_happy 01 Nov 2018
In reply to remus:

Thanks! I was actually curious about the small crimps on the Instagram, though, rather than the fingerboard.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...