UKC

power endurance query

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 d conacher 21 Apr 2013
just started back doing some power endurance circuits after some time off and have noticed that i dont get the painfull lactic acid burn that your suppose to get, i always fail because my fingers just uncurl and am pumped i have been doing power endurance for a few years and its always the same,whats your thoughts guys it still seems to work.
cheers dougie
 leon 21 Apr 2013
In reply to d conacher:
i've noticed that i get a vicious lactic acid burn on repeaters but that i seem to power out on 4x4s and its always on big moves. so i wonder if powering out isn't more to do with other muscles fatiguing & not just the fingers? anyway i reckon powering out is probably more muscles tiring out which is probably more on the strength side?
OP d conacher 21 Apr 2013
In reply to leon: i tend to just use small holds and circuits of 45 moves
 Jon Stewart 21 Apr 2013
In reply to d conacher:

I get the painful lactic acid "pumped out of my box" feeling doing long circuits at quite low intensity, but just fail to do the next move (powering out?) without this on shorter circuits at higher intensity.

I guess it's all a long sliding scale, and you need to think about what it is you're trying to train and work at that intensity.
In reply to Jon Stewart: i tend to favour long pitchs just of vertical thats why i do 45hand moves,am light but not very strong i dare say thats why i dont get the burning sensation,you must only get that on high intensity shorter circuits i hadnt thought of that.
In reply to Jon Stewart: dont know if it makes any diffrence my board is 25 to 30degrees.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...