UKC

Project vs Foundry - Metolius Fingerboards

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 G. Tiger, Esq. 24 Apr 2018

Which would you say is better?

Better for what? Getting stronger I guess. Starting back up again after a couple of laid back years doing more biking than rock. In my prime I was leading HVS/E1, and would like to get back up there again.

They seem much of a muchness to me, but without having a go and seeing them side by side I'm struggling to make my mind up.

And there's only a fiver difference in price so any advice is appreciated

Cheers, GTE

MischaHY 25 Apr 2018
In reply to G. Tiger, Esq.:

As someone who's not a fan of resin boards I'd recommend a wooden board from Beastmaker or Crusher Holds as they'll be much nicer to train on. 

If I had to choose from the two you mentioned I'd take the Project because it's simpler. 

Crusher Matrix would be much nicer though... http://crusherholds.co.uk/matrix-climbing-fingerboard

I have to say though, unless time is a major issue for HVS/E1 you'd be best placed getting some mileage on boulders/routes at the gym as it'll have more direct impact on your climbing ability unless your technique is already utterly perfect.  

Post edited at 12:23
 Jon Greengrass 25 Apr 2018

I wouldn't bother with a fingerboard unless you are already strong enough to onsight f7a.

The Foundry is a bigger board that will take up more room so if you're lacking space the project would be better. Both have similar holds; 2 finger pockets, jugs, crimps etc. The project has slightly less smaller edges than the Foundry board. But yeah, MischaHY is probably right about practicing more on boulders and routes at the indoor wall.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...