UKC

review of the lattice 12 week training program

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 IanMulvany 28 Sep 2020

I recently completed the 12-week lattice training program, and wrote up a review. 

http://partiallyattended.com/2020/09/27/12_week_lattice_training_plan_-_rev...

It was good, I'm going to do it again. 

ianstevens 28 Sep 2020
In reply to IanMulvany:

Can I ask - was this your first structured training plan? Commercial or otherwise 

OP IanMulvany 28 Sep 2020
In reply to ianstevens:

Effectively yes. About 20 years ago I tried to follow a periodisation plan from "training for climbing" by Eric Horst, but I didn't have any regularity to how I followed it. 

I've also tried to use the HangboardGuru App, but was picking exercises more on what I could do, rather than with any plan attached to what I was doing. 

ianstevens 28 Sep 2020
In reply to IanMulvany:

Thanks for letting me know - adds some important context. Glad to hear it worked out for you and nice review. 

cwarby 28 Sep 2020
In reply to IanMulvany:

Ta for that, good to hear from a mortal like most of us. Do you think there is flexibility in the plan to cope with erratic day/night shifts and odd days out? 

Phil79 28 Sep 2020
In reply to IanMulvany:

Thanks for this. I've been considering a lite plan for the coming winter, and I been using the app for ad-hoc stuff for while. May well go for it. 

OP IanMulvany 28 Sep 2020
In reply to cwarby:

The app does not allow you to flex on the exercises, each week is fixed. But you can log any additional exercise you do, so you can keep tabs on overall load.

The site does say not to beat yourself up if you don’t hit the target by the end of the week. That happened to me a few times. There is a strength testing protocol built in every four weeks, so really, the key thing is - is this working to make you stronger, given the amount of time you put in. 

cwarby 28 Sep 2020
In reply to IanMulvany:

Appreciate your reply, cheers.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...