UKC

Stavely, Chesterfield.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 steveb2006 20 Feb 2024

Anyone climbed at the wall here, either lead or bouldering? Driven past a few times as live locally. Just wondering of worth a look or is it just for school group type action.

Steve 

In reply to steveb2006:

First ever wall I climbed at, yonks ago.

I seem to recall it being limited in height and options so would probably be good for my current capabilities.

spenser 21 Feb 2024
In reply to steveb2006:

By coincidence visiting  with my girlfriend tonight. Message me as a reminder this evening and I will try and get some photos for you.

Ok for the odd visit, limited height. 4-5 auto belay , some slightly overhanging panels a few bendcrete like ones. From memory maybe 3-4 panels that can be lead climbed without too much faff (though I am there alone so never use). Bouldering room is basically a converted storage cupboard so small and limited to warm up but has 1 or 2 hang boards.

I've gone after work 5.30 ish and usually have it to myself or with one other pair.

spenser 22 Feb 2024
In reply to steveb2006:

Photos in my gallery.

The grading is closer to British tech than French in some cases!

The front desk was a bit disorganised getting me signed off and you can't see the center terms of use before you have been signed off to go in which seemed a bit lax of them.

OP steveb2006 22 Feb 2024
In reply to spenser:

Thanks all, sounds like it'll be worth a look, 

And thanks for photos, Spencer.

Steve

Post edited at 08:37

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...