UKC

Treadwall London

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Swin 18 Jan 2022

Does anyone know if any walls in London have a treadwall?

Iamgregp 18 Jan 2022
In reply to Swin:

Not at The Reach, Castle, Westway, Vauxwall, Ravenswall, Canarywall, Hackney Boulder Project or Mile End.

Don't think I've heard of one at any of the walls I haven't visited, but not ruling it out....

mondite 18 Jan 2022
In reply to Iamgregp:

Add the Arch building one and the strongholds to the list.

Only place I know near London which had one was the david lloyds in hatfield.

Iamgregp 18 Jan 2022
In reply to mondite:

Oh crap, I'd forgotten I'd been to those ones!  

To be fair I went to The Arch once, about a decade a go, whilst injured...  It was a rather forgettable occasion!

CantClimbTom 18 Jan 2022
In reply to Swin:

This is why they don't often have them  £14K !!!!

https://serious-fitness-limited.myshopify.com/products/treadwall-m6-pro

Cake 18 Jan 2022
In reply to CantClimbTom:

I've never heard of one at a climbing wall. Surely they would just get trashed with overuse?

Qwerty2019 19 Jan 2022
In reply to Swin:

Isnt a treadwall the kind of thing you use when you havent got much wall space, like at home.  Seems absolutely pointless for a commercial wall to install a treadwall and admit they are lacking in facilities.

Moon board/digital training boards/circuit boards etc seem like useful additional training tools in a climbing wall.  A treadwall would seem pointless to me.

Alex1 19 Jan 2022
In reply to Swin:

The're not really that useful for training as they force you to climb constantly which isn't what happens in reality (we slow for cruxes etc).  Kind of thing that is fun as a gimmick but in reality a circuit board is always going to be more useful for real training.  Quick google shows some (normal) gyms have them in London

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...