UKC

Wall suggestions near Stevenage

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jjone797 05 Mar 2019

Hi, I'm going to move to around Stevenage, Hertfordshire in about a month's time and want to carry on climbing at a wall in driving distance. It looks like Big Rock Bond in MK might be a good way to go. Any suggestions?

Neil Williams 05 Mar 2019
In reply to jjone797:

Both Big Rocks are good walls with friendly staff, and if you take a membership you can use either of them.

antdav 05 Mar 2019

Big Rock Hub is closing for 3 weeks for a refurb in a few weeks so keep an eye on their website/Facebook to avoid heading to the wrong one.

Bond is slightly smaller and shorter but I prefer the routes there. Hopefully they will up the route setting frequency whilst Hub is shut. 

Ramblin dave 05 Mar 2019
In reply to jjone797:

Big Rock is nice. You're also only about 20 minutes by train from Finsbury Park, which is then a ten minute walk from the Castle, which is expensive and busy but basically fantastic.

Post edited at 13:48
 Neil Williams 05 Mar 2019
In reply to antdav:

I'd seen the refurb suggestion box but hadn't twigged it was quite so major, cheers!

Adrian Daniels 05 Mar 2019
In reply to Ramblin dave:

Another vote for getting on the train to Finsbury Park and heading to the Castle.

In reply to jjone797:

As mentioned already in this thread, Big Rock Hub is closing for a major refurbishment from the 28th April to 18th May.  However, Big Rock Bond (3.5 miles from Hub) provides an alternative option for anyone looking to climb in the Milton Keynes area.

Good luck with your move and we’d love to see you at Big Rock. We’re proud of our reputation as a friendly centre with quality climbing and community spirit, and we hope that Big Rock will be a great starting point for you to meet some new climbing partners in the area.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...