UKC

Yoga for complete beginner....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ardo 17 Mar 2019

Anybody got a recommendation for online yoga instruction for a novice?

Don't want to be tied to a time or location, at least until I possibly wish to advance my Yogi-ness. Thinking YouTube to start and take it from there, so I can fit it in around training and climbing.

tjdodd 17 Mar 2019
In reply to Ardo:

I have found Yoga for Climbers to be good (not done any other yoga so cannot compare to anything but it has certainly helped me)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g2nLhg-tcM&list=PL4cAOe_EPeSU7MaWUWRdf...

kj001 17 Mar 2019
In reply to Ardo:

Search You Tube for ‘Yoga With Adriene’. She has a vast range of videos suitable for all standards and many different activities - running, climbing etc.

ianstevens 17 Mar 2019
In reply to kj001:

> Search You Tube for ‘Yoga With Adriene’. She has a vast range of videos suitable for all standards and many different activities - running, climbing etc.

seconded

slab_happy 17 Mar 2019
In reply to Ardo:

I like Jason Crandell's stuff, and he's got two short beginner's sequences (an "awakening" one and a "relaxing" one) on YouTube.

Once you get comfortable with those, there are a bunch of 20-30 minute classes  which are excellent.

BCT 17 Mar 2019
In reply to kj001:

As a yoga teacher I can't recommend Adriene enough. Great instruction, light hearted and easy to follow

Post edited at 16:27
 jasonC abroad 17 Mar 2019
In reply to Ardo:

I use this site a fair bit, they have a lot of classes at various levels/styles, plus programmes aimed at specific groups or you can just search for their classes which are aimed at beginners.  I started using this after I'd been doing yoga for a bit so I can't comment on how good learning online is.

https://www.doyogawithme.com/yoga-programs

Post edited at 17:47
 heleno 17 Mar 2019
In reply to jasonC abroad:

Another vote for Do Yoga With Me. There are a range of instructors so you can choose one whose style you like. David or Melissa are good for beginners 

OP Ardo 17 Mar 2019
In reply to all:

Thanks for the replies. Time for a bit of YouTube yoga casting couch and then something akin to actual yoga, hopefully.

afx22 18 Mar 2019
In reply to Ardo:

I use an Iphone App called Yoga Studio.  I stream it to my TV and follow that.  I can use my phone if I'm away from home.

I think I paid £4.99 a few years ago and it has been superb value, however they changed to a subscription setup.  I'm not sure what the deal is now or whether it's good value or not but the app is great.

OP Ardo 18 Mar 2019
In reply to afx22:

Thanks for suggestion. Will maybe look at buying an app if I want to advance, though, as a Yorkshireman, parting with  cash is probably not going to happen. B-)

deepsoup 18 Mar 2019
In reply to Ardo:

Here's a nice topical Aussie one:  youtube.com/watch?v=XqwEa6I1lwI&

(sorry)

PaulW 18 Mar 2019
In reply to Ardo:

Another vote for Yoga With Adriene but there are loads, try a few and find a presenter you like

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...