/ Yoga for complete beginner....

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Ardo - on 17 Mar 2019

Anybody got a recommendation for online yoga instruction for a novice?

Don't want to be tied to a time or location, at least until I possibly wish to advance my Yogi-ness. Thinking YouTube to start and take it from there, so I can fit it in around training and climbing.

tjdodd - on 17 Mar 2019
In reply to Ardo:

I have found Yoga for Climbers to be good (not done any other yoga so cannot compare to anything but it has certainly helped me)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g2nLhg-tcM&list=PL4cAOe_EPeSU7MaWUWRdf2aY8PrZkdFLc

kj001 - on 17 Mar 2019
In reply to Ardo:

Search You Tube for ‘Yoga With Adriene’. She has a vast range of videos suitable for all standards and many different activities - running, climbing etc.

ianstevens - on 17 Mar 2019
In reply to kj001:

> Search You Tube for ‘Yoga With Adriene’. She has a vast range of videos suitable for all standards and many different activities - running, climbing etc.

seconded

slab_happy on 17 Mar 2019
In reply to Ardo:

I like Jason Crandell's stuff, and he's got two short beginner's sequences (an "awakening" one and a "relaxing" one) on YouTube.

Once you get comfortable with those, there are a bunch of 20-30 minute classes  which are excellent.

BCT on 17 Mar 2019
In reply to kj001:

As a yoga teacher I can't recommend Adriene enough. Great instruction, light hearted and easy to follow

Post edited at 16:27
jasonC abroad - on 17 Mar 2019
In reply to Ardo:

I use this site a fair bit, they have a lot of classes at various levels/styles, plus programmes aimed at specific groups or you can just search for their classes which are aimed at beginners.  I started using this after I'd been doing yoga for a bit so I can't comment on how good learning online is.

https://www.doyogawithme.com/yoga-programs

Post edited at 17:47
heleno - on 17 Mar 2019
In reply to jasonC abroad:

Another vote for Do Yoga With Me. There are a range of instructors so you can choose one whose style you like. David or Melissa are good for beginners 

Ardo - on 17 Mar 2019
In reply to all:

Thanks for the replies. Time for a bit of YouTube yoga casting couch and then something akin to actual yoga, hopefully.

afx22 - on 18 Mar 2019
In reply to Ardo:

I use an Iphone App called Yoga Studio.  I stream it to my TV and follow that.  I can use my phone if I'm away from home.

I think I paid £4.99 a few years ago and it has been superb value, however they changed to a subscription setup.  I'm not sure what the deal is now or whether it's good value or not but the app is great.

Ardo - on 18 Mar 2019
In reply to afx22:

Thanks for suggestion. Will maybe look at buying an app if I want to advance, though, as a Yorkshireman, parting with  cash is probably not going to happen. B-)

deepsoup - on 18 Mar 2019
In reply to Ardo:

Here's a nice topical Aussie one:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqwEa6I1lwI

(sorry)

PaulW - on 18 Mar 2019
In reply to Ardo:

Another vote for Yoga With Adriene but there are loads, try a few and find a presenter you like

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.