UKC

Tignes ice climbing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Kangleyh 27 Jan 2023

Worth taking winter climbing gear to tignes and if so any recommendations on routes up to grade 3/4? Anyone else out there next week? 

Pinch'a'salt 27 Jan 2023
In reply to Kangleyh:

The local 'easy' classic is the La Daille icefall - above one of the tunnels on the road to La Daille/Val Misere from the dam below Tignes. Several pitches, 3/4- ish (but haven't climbed it for years and years now... so memory may be blurred). Park between the paravalanche tunnels (again these have changed since I last climbed it so can't be more precise...). I have walked off (includes a 'stimulating' jog back through a dark road tunnel) and abbed off also.

Trickiest bit will be finding partners - there used to be an active local website for ice climbing in the tarentaise, but my bookmarked link goes nowhere now, and a quick search hasn't thrown anything up. Possibly best bet is to try and find a local FB group and ask on there.

Post edited at 08:33
 Pinch'a'salt 27 Jan 2023
In reply to Pinch'a'salt:

PS also some good harder lines a bit further down the valley 'Haute Performance' and a couple of others - on the left side of the valley (going down hill) between Les Brevieres and La Gurraz.

OP Kangleyh 27 Jan 2023
In reply to Kangleyh:

That's great, thank you! 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...