WINNER: Bullwinkle, pete1081
The particular shape of the Be Up‘s body allows rope to be paid out fluidly, rapidly and without jams. While belaying the leader on a multipitch route using two ropes, the Be-Up lets you pay out one rope while the other is locked-off - the only device that lets you do this (see Fig 1). The Be Up also offers effective, modular braking of the rope, with the “V” notches are specially designed to guarantee better braking control when arresting a fall, abseiling or bringing up seconds.
The Be Up‘s special shape and the attachment ring built into the body allow you to bring up one or two seconds using twin or half ropes with Ø ≥ 7.3 mm. You can continue to bring-up one second while the other is hanging with their rope locked-off in the Be Up (see Fig 2) the unlocking of the rope and lowering of one free-hanging second, without difficulty, with twin or half Ø ≥ 7.3 mm ropes. Be Up is the only such device that lets you do this, simply by inserting a normal HMS carabiner in the unlocking hole (see Fig 3); rapidly switching from taking-in (GUIDE MODE) to belaying the leader, for leading through; abseiling descents, keeping the ropes separate. The “V” notches allow you to effectively control the rate of descent, without twisting the ropes.
- shape guarantees correct axial loading relative to rope and other devices;
- large size and ample width to allow use of Italian hitch knot, the securing of more than one rope, slings or devices and rope manoeuvres in general;
- accentuated double-T profile, for an excellent weight/load ratio;
- lightened and shaped form for improved ease of holding;
- catch-free closure to avoid accidental tangling during use;
- with ACL system, which allows attachment to the harness’s belay loop, preventing cross loading.
For your chance to win one of two sets answer the following question: