Mountain Equipment have been at the leading edge of waterproof design for over forty years. We made some of the first truly waterproof and breathable clothing in the world and set the standard for others to follow.
When we launched our first GORE-TEX jacket in 1977 Mountain Equipment had been the leading innovator in sleeping bags and insulated clothing for 16 years and with the arrival of GORE-TEX fabric came the opportunity to make similarly definitive shell clothing. Our partnership with GORE-TEX has been at the forefront of our waterproof range ever since and together we have pushed ahead the benchmark of shell clothing for alpinists.
In 2019 the Tupilak Jacket stands as the pinnacle in our waterproof range; our most technical and protective climber's shell. New this winter the Tupilak Jacket is available in a women's specific fit. Here's the complete breakdown on its spec and performance:
Tupilak Jacket - RRP £350
A technical shell jacket ideally suited to winter and alpine climbing on the steepest lines and biggest faces.
A serious, stripped back shell that shines on the most difficult modern lines. The combination of GORE-TEX Pro 80D fabric, Alpine fit and our proven Super Alpine Hood make this one of the finest and most robust climbing jackets available.
- 3-layer GORE-TEX Pro 80D fabric throughout
- Super Alpine HC Hood with Cohaesive™ cordlocks
- Seamless face panel for maximum comfort
- Alpine fit with articulated and pre-shaped sleeves
- Storm Construction techniques used throughout
- 2-way YKK® moulded Aquaguard® centre front zip
- 2 large laser cut and laminated Napoleon chest pockets with YKK® moulded Aquaguard® zips
- Adjustable laminated cuffs and dual tether hem drawcords
- Laminated and laser cut inner pocket with YKK® zip
To celebrate its launch for AW'19 we're giving away 1 x Tupilak Jacket (men's or women's available). To be in with a chance to win simply answer the question below: