Petzl, an industry leader in verticality and lighting equipment, is pleased to announce three ice tools that provide greater versatility, improved function and better performance.
Benchmark tools in their category, the NOMIC and QUARK, see enhanced designs, while the all-new ERGONOMIC joins the collection. Each tool was designed to excel at different aspects of ice, mixed or alpine climbing.
"We've challenged the ice tool norm, re-engineering our offering to create tools that excel for their specific target uses. The QUARK excels for technical alpine climbing, the NOMIC being the perfect tool for vertical ice and the all new ERGONOMIC becomes the tool of choice for steep ice and hard mixed routes.
The engineering of these tools, along with their modular components, offer climbers better performance while simultaneously adding a broader range of ways to customize the tools to the exact requirements of the terrain or route."
The QUARK remains Petzl's most versatile tool for both technical alpine mountaineering and ice climbing. The lower handle grip is overmolded with high friction rubber, but flatter on the sides and front for better indexing and grip.
At the base of the tool is a single stainless steel pick and a brand-new GRIPREST that is now foldable. When locked in an upward position the tool drives better when plunged into softer snow and with the GRIPREST opened your hand is well supported for steep, technical ice or couloir climbing. The TRIGREST and GRIPREST handrests make it easy to handle and comfortable in any situation.
- Versatile Ice Axe:
- shaft curved below the head and GRIPREST handrest at the bottom of the shaft to protect the hands on ice climbs
- shaft has a steel spike and is straight enough for use in piolet-canne mode
- shaft is hydroformed for optimal grip in the middle of the shaft
- over-molded, bi-material handle provides good grip while insulating from the cold
- TRIGREST and GRIPREST handrests strengthen the grip on difficult sections
- 550 g with PANNE or MARTEAU
- Efficient Placement On Any Type Of Ice
- ICE pick is tapered at the tip (3.3 mm) and versatile across all terrain: snow, ice and mixed
- compatible with MASSELOTTE weights to modify the balance and improve the inertia of the ice axe
- Modular Construction:
- entirely modular head allows the technical aspects of the ice axe to be adjusted
- compatible with Petzl accessories: PUR'ICE, MINI MARTEAU, MASSELOTTES.
- TRIGREST handrest is height adjustable without tools
- GRIPREST handrest folds in easily for planting the ice axe in snow
- connection hole is compatible with V-LINK leash
- 465 g,without accessories
"Great all round axes, which have a well-balanced swing and can be stripped down to 465g. They're not too curved, so you can still use the hammer and adze easily"
We have a pair of QUARKs to give away for one lucky winner!