Lightweight gear is becoming increasingly popular, whether its sleeping bags, jackets, carabiners or indeed climbing helmets. The demand for lighter products is huge. EDELRID realise this, we already have the Nineteen G carabiner and the Skimmer Pro Dry. Well now we have a new edition, the Salathe helmet.
This month EDELRID are giving two lucky climbers a chance to win a Salathe. All you need to do to be in with a chance of winning is have a read about the helmet below and answer the simple question!
SALATHE (RRP: £80)
The Salathe is our Flagship soft-shell helmet. The combination of the foam-injected EPP core and partial ABS hardshell means the Salathe only weighs a mere 200g. Don't think though that the lightness impacts the safety of the helmet. The Salathe complies with EN 12492, meaning that it offers excellent protection from all angles.
- Ergonomic inner structure with removable, washable pads
- Ultra-light EPP core (expanded polypropylene) for outstanding shock absorption and high dimensional stability
- Robust hard shell in the upper and front area for additional protection, in case of rock falls etc
- Easily adjustable harness straps for a secure fit, minimal pack size and excellent ventilation
- Headlamp attachment with 2 front clips and an elasticated strap at the back
- Large ventilation holes for continuous air exchange and heat dissipation
- Available in two sizes: 50-58cm and 52-62cm
Now that you know a bit about the Salathe, answer the simple question below to be in with a chance of winning!