Cold Mountain Kit seeks enthusiastic Part Time Shop Assistant
Cold Mountain Kit is swiftly becoming the leading London specialist climbing shop and one of the leading UK websites for specialist climbing equipment. We are a company run by climbers for climbers, and offer specialist advice and equipment that is not normally given or stocked by many shops.
2014 is set to be a big year for us and we are looking to expand our team. We currently have one position available for a part time sales assistant to start work during March 2014, whose duties will include:
• Processing web sales.
• Helping customers with queries, advice and sales, both in the shop and via telephone and email.
• Packaging and mailing web and telephone orders.
• Helping to manage inventory between the physical and online shops.
• Occasionally running the shop entirely on their own.
On top of this, applicants will be required to get involved with numerous other jobs which are necessary in the day to day running of Cold Mountain Kit and the continued growth of the company.
The successful applicant will be;
• Passionate about rock climbing, mountaineering, the outdoors and most importantly the equipment used in these pursuits.
• Highly motivated and enthusiastic about providing excellent customer service and be capable of giving sound and unbiased advice on equipment and its uses.
• Available to work for a minimum of 12 months.
• Capable of using their own initiative within their working environment.
• Experienced with using Mac OSX, including basic word processing/ Pages, Word, Excel etc.
• Full training will be given, but you will be expected to hit the ground running, so some experience within retail and the outdoor industries will be an advantage.
• SPA, CWA, IRATA or similar qualifications will be an advantage.
• Some knowledge of CE, UIAA and other industry standard regulations will be an advantage.
• A good, positive, loyal and friendly disposition is essential to work within the Cold Mountain Kit team.
The position will be based on a 20 hour week (Monday - Saturday), but it is essential that the successful candidate is flexible with their working hours and days.
In return for all this hard work we will offer competitive rates of pay, flexible working opportunities, career development and possible promotion, additional training, possible staff discounts and all the other benefits that come with working for a leading climbing specialist shop.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send over a current CV with a covering letter telling us a bit about yourself and why you'd like to work for Cold Mountain Kit. Please make sure you include any other relevant experience. Send CV's to email@example.com by the 9th March 2014. Interviews will commence week beginning 17th March 2014.