The two independent pitches are well worth a visit; each proves to be very different from the other. Start as for Troutdale Pinnacle Direct.
1) 4c, 25m. Pitch 1 of Troutdale Pinnacle Direct.
2) 4c, 20m. Pitch 2 of Troutdale Pinnacle Direct.
3) 5a, 21m. Follow the steep, wide crack-line awkwardly until a move left gains a bay on the left. Block and belay.
4) 5a, 11m. Move up the corner above, past a flat wedged block to a thin traverse line rightwards. Make some fingery moves right to better holds and climb a short corner that heads up to the belay on the pinnacle.
5) 15m. Pitch 6 of Troutdale Pinnacle. © Rockfax
UKC Logbook Description
The quote in the Borrowdale guide book on the FA is incorrect. This incident happened when I was doing a second ascent with Jim Barber and got the wrong way around in the crack on P3. The FA by Paul Ross went smoothly.
P.Ross D.Oliver 26/Aug/1954.
Best 25 BORROWDALE VS/HVS's , Lakeland's Best Multi-pitch Routes up to HVS , Ultimate HVS ticklist , High Quality Adventure routes , Borrowdale FRCC Guide 'Top Fives' , UK Holiday Plans , The Big Easy Mountain Route Club , Lakes HVS , 60 At 60
Please Login to view more details on the logged ascents