The first route climbed on Gogarth. Start at the pinnacle that blocks the way leftwards to the other routes.
1) 4b, 18m. Climb the wide crack/groove on the right-hand side of the pinnacle to its top.
2) 5b, 18m. Descend from the pinnacle and traverse right across the wall and round an arete to the base of a steep groove. Climb the groove to a ledge and traverse back left to a sloping ledge above the first stance.
3) 4c, 18m. From the left side of the ledge, climb a crack to easier ground. Continue up and right to below another groove.
4) 4b, 18m. Climb up the groove in a great position to a belay at the top of the upper pinnacle.
5) 5b, 40m. Traverse right across the steep wall and make difficult moves up to reach a thin crack. Good holds soon appear and are followed to the top. © Rockfax
UKC Logbook Description
Varied in style and standard. Exposed on pitch 5.
The very first climb on Gogarth.
Baz Ingle and Martin Boysen 04/Apr/1964.
Hard Rock , North Wales Rock Graded List , Very good routes in the UK , North Wales 100 Classic Climbs , ROCKFAX - Top 50 North Wales Climbs , Ultimate E1 ticklist , The BMC 70th Anniversary Ticklist , Bangor BUMS Uni-Life Ticklist , Radical Rockcats 2nd Year of Uni Ticklist , Caff's Cool E1s List , The best the UK has to offer for mere mortals (apart from the lakes cos its always wet) , Ingle Routes , AMC Uni Ticklist , 100 Best Wales Mid Grade Climbs , Extreme 2018 , Adventure ticklist 2018 , BMG Application Rock (Unofficial) , UK Holiday Plans , Pre-MIA Wishlist , Going Up Rocks , George's Ultimate Easy to Mid-Grade North Wales Trad Ticklist , Hard Rock 2020 , York University Students path to greatness , The E1 UK Roadtrip , Target Routes 2019/2020 , May Trip Target List , Hard Rock 2020 , The Gogarth Rock Cat's Apprenticeship. , Hard Rock & Other Classics , 32 By 32 , Wales Trip - 2022 , ROCKFAX TOP 50s upto e3
Please Login to view more details on the logged ascents