A stunning route with many challenging pitches. Start below a steep groove, directly below the imposing 'Great Arete'.
1) 5b, 25m. Ascend the groove to a ledge, make committing moves to a hard section at 2/3 height over a bulge. Gain the grassy terrace and belay below the next groove.
2) 5b, 20m. Head up the groove, enter the slick chimney section and exit to a sloping ledge. At the bulge, move onto the bubbled wall on the right and belay on another ledge.
3) 5a, 18m. Move down and left to a spike-jug and traverse left to gain another groove on the left. Climb this for 10m to a semi-hanging belay on a good spike and wires.
4) 5a, 35m. Ascend the innocuous-looking groove to a grass ledge at its top.
5) 4c, 20m. Move up and right on the tremendously exposed wall and follow a flake up and right to a grass bay. Belay below a crevasse.
6) 4a, 40m. Walk left to the rib and climb it. Caution is needed with loose rock. Above the ground gets a bit more broken and you can carry on over several steps to belay in a broad grassy gully. Scramble out to a flattening and traverse off right. © Rockfax
Hard Rock , Victim Of Mathematics' Ticklist of Extreme Justice , North Wales Rock Graded List , North Wales 100 Classic Climbs , ROCKFAX - Top 50 North Wales Climbs , Ultimate E1 ticklist , The best the UK has to offer for mere mortals (apart from the lakes cos its always wet) , 100 Best Wales Mid Grade Climbs , UK Holiday Plans , George's Ultimate Easy to Mid-Grade North Wales Trad Ticklist , Hard Rock 2020 , Hard Rock 2020 , Hard Rock & Other Classics , N Wales 2021 , ROCKFAX TOP 50s upto e3 , North Wales Esoterica Which Might Actually Be Good Climbing , North Wales To Do List
Please Login to view more details on the logged ascents