A long and demanding climb with a bold second pitch that can be bypassed with no loss in quality. Start at a block in the path 14m left of the base of Bounding Buttress.
1) 4b, 20m. Climb up past a blunt spike at 2m and carry on up an easy-angled broad rib to a belay below a slab.
2) 5a, 25m. Beginning midway between the belay and large corner on the right, head confidently up to where a rightward-leading line gains easier ground. Move left to a stance on a grassy ledge under a prominent corner. An easier variation follows pitch 2 of Goodbye to All That to meet up with the left-trending line that gains the stance - VS 4c.
3) 5a, 35m. Move up right to a ramp that leads back left to a crack. Climb the crack and then head up rightwards for 12m to a belay in a short corner.
4) 4c, 20m. Climb straight up a groove to a belay below a daunting crack - 'Downlen's Chimney'.
5) 4c, 23m. The crack, that does possess some good holds, to the top. © Rockfax
Please Login to view more details on the logged ascents