A first-rate mountain adventure. Start 4m right of the base of Bounding Buttress at a right-slanting ramp.
1) 4a, 20m. Climb the ramp and wide crack above to a slab, then traverse left to a belay below a recess.
2) 4a, 40m. Climb up to a vegetated area and take a steep crack on the left to a terrace. Traverse right to a belay below a corner.
3) 4b, 25m. Climb to a vegetated ledge (often wet) then traverse left to a corner that is followed to less steep ground and a belay in a short corner (junction with Megaton).
4) 4a, 18m. Move left and climb the line of three grooves (Lamb's Chimney) before traversing right to a belay under an impressive crack.
5) 4b, 26m. Traverse right under a bulge to below a chimney (Oppenheimer's Chimney). Climb the chimney (awkward to start), to easier ground and the top. © Rockfax
The 100 Best UK VS routes?, Connoisseur's Classic Rock, Lakeland's Best Multi-pitch Routes up to HVS, Lakeland's Greatest Pioneers, Steve Ashton's 100 Classic Climbs The Lake District, ROCKFAX Lake District: Top 50
Please Login to view more details on the logged ascents