A marrying of two routes that gives sections of good challenging climbing and sections of prolific vegetation. This route needs a long period of dry weather to come into condition. Start just right of a small plaque that denotes where a Mountain Rescue box used to be located.
1) 4b, 23m. Climb up vegetated rock to a steep short corner. Climb the corner and move left onto a slab before heading up vegetated ledges to below a long corner.
2) 5b, 28m. Climb the corner, moving left to a groove below the overhang. Difficult moves up this lead past overhangs to a belay on a ledge just below the Great Heather Shelf.
3) 10m. Gain the Great Heather Shelf then cross it leftwards until below a corner.
4) 5a, 25m. The difficult corner past a bulge to ledges.
5) 4b, 20m. The corner behind the belay to a ledge followed by a wall to a block and belay below a wide crack.
6) 4c, 20m. The wide layback crack requires commitment.
7) 4b, 30m. The easy-angled arete moving right to a final ridge and a finish next to a huge flat block - the 'Tea Table'. © Rockfax
FA. (Thanatos) W.S.Lounds, J.C.Eilbeck 18.5.1968,FA. (Electron) A.C,Cram, J.C.Eilbeck 29.9.1966 18/May/1968.
Please Login to view more details on the logged ascents