A Wallowbarrow classic up the broad rib and recessed grooves above. Start to the left of the large tree below a groove.
1) 4a, 34m. Climb the groove. Continue, passing blocks on the right (possible belay on the left), to gain the upper section of the rib. Climb this via cracks and grooves to a good belay ledge and block at the top of the rib.
2) 4a, 14m. On the right are a series of blind grooves that lead to the top. Follow the grooves with a difficult initial section to finish with a final tug on the 'John Thomas' hold. © Rockfax
UKC Logbook Description
1. Start just left of the oak tree and go straight up the wall to a ledge with a tree on the left.
2. Straight up the wall to a big ledge with a big block on it
3. A great pitch - Move right at the back of the ledge and up a series of well-used groves with a brilliant phallic hold near the top.
Connoisseur's Classic Rock , Kendal Wall's Best 100 climbs in Britain , Lakeland's Best Multi-pitch Routes up to HVS , "First Steps" Arc'teryx Lakeland Revival 2019 Ticklist , ROCKFAX Lake District: Top 50 , Bill Birkett (Classic Rock Climbs in the Lake District) Below E3 , A Lakeland Apprenticeship , Alternative Lakeland Classic Rock , Turbo-Punter's Tradification , Lake District Multipitch Climbing , Dan’s Delights
Please Login to view more details on the logged ascents