VIDEO: Stu McAleese talks about the UKC / Plas y Brenin Alpine Festival
Over the weekend of the 23rd to 25th of April Plas y Brenin are set to host the first ever UKClimbing.com Alpine Festival.
The festival is a series of lectures and workshops, plus evening quizzes and slide-shows covering a full range of alpine topics. There are loads of highly experienced alpinists and top mountain guides on hand to pass on knowledge and skills. All in the picturesque setting of Snowdonia National Park, North Wales.
We have a gigantic goody-bag of freebies for everyone on the festival, plus £2000 worth of prizes to give away in our Saturday night fun quiz.
Stu McAleese, one of the Senior Instructors at Plas y Brenin is over seeing the weekend and Stu and the team here at UKC are looking forward to making it a huge success.
- You can read more details on the weekend in this UKC Article
The freebies for the goody-bags have started to appear in the main UKC office and the pile of stuff is growing by the minute - pictured below is just some of the gear going in to the goody bag.
It seems the festival is pretty much booked up - but you never know - you might be lucky and grab a spot.
(The Plas y Brenin Bookings Office is open 9am - 5pm 7 days a week. Telephone: 01690 720214)
The Goody Bag contents, worth over £120:
- a Beal Folio Rope Bag
- a Lyon Equipment Crampon Bag
- a Petzl Key Fob
- an Outdoor Research Ferrosi Cap
- a Deuter Chalkbag
- a Joe Brown's 15% off voucher
- a Rockfax North Wales Classic guidebook
- a Rockfax Pembroke guidebook
- BMC/MCof S Voucher for discount on all intsructional DVD's
- BMC Summit magazine
- an Accapi Bottle Photenizer
- 50 years of Plas y Brenin book
- Some Nikwax samples
- DMM Dragon Cam video
- various catalogues and stickers