For the third year running, the UKClimbing.com 'Be in my Calendar Competition' is here again, run in conjunction with www.keithsharplesphotography.co.uk . Following Rachael Crewe, the spandex-loving graduate from Notts Uni, who appeared in the Climbing:09 Calendar and Ally Smith cranking it out in the Llangollen area in Climbing:2010 – next year really could be YOU...
Here's the deal...
The deal is so simple. UKClimbing.com, along with other big names in the UK climbing business, are sponsoring a page in Climbing:2011 and are looking for a keen climber to be photographed by Keith (www.keithsharplesphotography.co.uk ) in a special photo shoot for the calendar.
YOU need to be...
YOU need to be an experienced rock climber capable of leading rock routes of V Diff upwards. You will be available, next month, August thru early September for a photo shoot and will bring your climbing gear and a mate along to climb with.
Here's the skinny...
1. The winner (in addition to appearing in the calendar...) will also get a complementary 18x12” poster print (of a photo of their choice) from the photo shoot as well as a copy of Climbing:2011
2. The winner's mate will also get a copy of Climbing:2011
3. A selection of images from the day will be published in a gallery on UKClimbing and/or www.keithsharplesphotography.co.uk in a write-up of the day
4. Five further copies of Climbing:2011, one each for the five runners' up in the comp, will be shipped out.
Here's the closing date...
Midnight on Saturday 7th August 2011.
Here's the questions...
1. What famous sport climb in the Yorkshire Dales did visiting Czech rock-star Adam Ondra try, but fail to repeat, during his seminal visit earlier in the year?
a) Overshadow b) Rainshadow c) Undershadow
2. What was the venue of last year's 'Be-in-my-Calendar' photo shoot with Ally Smith?
a) Craig Ddu b) Craig Arthur c) Craig yr Ogof
3. What free-standing pinnacle did Keith and two mates recently climb?
a) Washington Column b) Tegness Pinnacle c) Old Man of Hoy
Here's what to do...
1. Email Keith at email@example.com the answers to the above questions in the following format: Q1 a, b or c, Q2 a, b or c etc.
2. Include 'Climbing:2011 Be-in-my-Calendar Competition' as the subject title in the email along with your last name
3. Include in your email your full name, address, daytime telephone and mobile numbers as well as a few words about yourself including where you usually climb, what grade you usually climb and whether you are a trad or a sport climber, a boulderer or DWS fiend
4. Keep your phone fully charged and wait a call from Keith from the 9th August onwards.
Here's the Competition Rules...
- You must lead routes of VD standard or harder on outdoor crags on a regular basis and your mate must also be a competent climber and belayer.
- You and your mate will provide all your own climbing kit and take sole responsibility for your actions when climbing during the photo shoot.
- You and your mate will travel to and from the photo shoot at your own expense.
- The location to be a suitable venue (probably) in North Wales, the Lake District or the Pennines although other locations may also be considered.
- You will be at least 18 years old.
- You will agree that images from the photo shoot can be published.
- Accept that the image selected will be chosen by Keith in consultation with UKClimbing.com and that their decision is final.
- Accept the inclusion of a another/substitute climber in the calendar if a mutually acceptable venue or time for the photo shoot cannot be established for whatever reason.
- Accept that no compensation or substitute prize, including cash alternative, will be provided in lieu.
- Entry to the competition is on the basis that you have read, understood and accept the competition rules.
You can read more at www.keithsharplesphotography.co.uk