Perfected for ski mountaineering, the Sharp Edge Jacket is designed for technical climbs and nail-biting descents.
Available in men's and women's versions, the Sharp Edge Jacket is made from tough 3-layer Pertex Shield Pro. As flexible as it is hard-wearing, this jacket sheds rain and snow with ease offering excellent breathability and freedom of movement.
Striking the balance between protection and comfort, the Sharp Edge has a refined ski specific feature set including chest pockets large enough for skins and a removable powder skirt. Alongside this, a helmet compatible hood can be cinched in to keep out snow and spindrift, while the YKK AquaGaurd Escape Artist pit zips are a quick and easy way to vent on steep climbs.
- Jacket weight: 560g/19.7oz (men's size large).
- Jacket available in size S to XXL for men and 8 to 16 for women
- Both made from Pertex® Shield Pro 3-layer fabric with stretch and a 20,000mm hydrostatic head.
- Helmet-compatible hood with wired peak, lined collar & roll down anti-snag velcro tab.
- Fleece lined chin guard and back neck.
- YKK AquaGaurd Vislon front zip with dual internal storm flap system.
- 2 YKK AquaGaurd Vislon zipped bellowed chest pockets, with ventilation, large enough for ski skins and 2 internal mesh bottle pockets.
- YKK AquaGaurd Escape Artist pit zips.
- Removable powder skirt.
- Hem drawcord with cord retainer and anti-snag velcro adjustable cuffs for improved fit.
- Regular fit
As conditions in Scotland and Europe continue to improve and last year's temperamental winter becomes a distant memory, the Sharp Edge Jacket will handle everything from bluebird days on the Vallée Blanche to the white rolling plateaus of the Cairngorms.
Rab are giving away one men's and one women's model, picking the winners at random from correct answers to the following question: