Big Rock in Milton Keynes has a reputation for quality climbing and community spirit. We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to climb regardless of age or ability. Big Rock’s climbing offer is designed around progression, and within one facility provides a pathway from first experience to elite performance.
Due to the development of our new facility in Bletchley, Milton Keynes, we are looking to recruit a centre manager. We are looking for an enthusiastic and pro-active individual with a drive for continuously improving standards, inspiring staff, and leading by example. The position will be permanent and full time (40 hours a week), with daytime, evening, and weekend shifts required.
Ideally you will have management experience within the leisure industry or mixed activity centre, managing and developing a small team. You should be highly organised, have the ability to express yourself with confidence to both customers and staff, have excellent customer service skills, and be able to nurture and inspire both new and existing climbers alike.
As centre manager you will be responsible for the day to day running of the centre and ensuring safe and efficient operation whilst promoting a good atmosphere throughout the centre to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Oversee management of the centre on a day to day basis; management duties will include directing other staff in their duties, centre maintenance, performing or overseeing some basic bookkeeping, and producing reports for the Directors.
- Overall responsibility for health and safety onsite, including keeping up to date with legislation and ensuring all procedures are in place, up to date, and followed accordingly.
- Co-ordinate activities between both Big Rock centres in conjunction with the management team.
- Customer facing duties, including reception and telephone calls.
- Create a friendly welcoming environment for climbers of all abilities.
- Other duties as required.
- Energetic, motivated and with a genuine passion for customer service.
- Experience of leading, managing and developing a team.
- Self-motivated with the ability to use own initiative and strong problem-solving skills.
- Genuine enthusiasm for working with people.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload.
- Excellent communication with a high level of interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional professionalism.
- Good attention to detail with the ability to also see the big picture.
- An outgoing and vibrant personality.
- An understanding of working in a busy environment, including cafés.
- Experience of working with an EPOS system.
- Experience of fitness and training or the leisure industry.
- Climbing Wall Award or Single Pitch Award.
- A minimum of First Aid at Work.
- An interest in climbing.
Although previous experience and qualifications would be advantageous, we are prepared to consider anyone who feels they may fit this role.
Starting salary in the region of £22,000 to £26,000 dependent on experience.
Applicants should apply by completing and returning the application form to Gill Lovick (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please include information on management and climbing experience.
Closing date for applications: Monday 5th February 2018