Centre Manager - City Bouldering Westfield
City Bouldering Westfield is looking for a dynamic and passionate leader to drive forward the company's vision of making climbing and accessible for all. Our Centre Manager will be responsible for creating an atmosphere where customers can have fun, relax, meet new friends and old, and improve their fitness in an inclusive climbing environment, underpinned by the highest standards of safety, cleanliness, customer service and positive team engagement.
Managing our centres requires an energetic and self-motivated person, able to motivate a team and ensure our customers have a fantastic experience during every visit leaving them looking forward to their next.
The right person will have experience in a similar management position, a track record of growth within a management position and people management experience.
Climbing experience is desirable but not essential. Ideally you have experience within a climbing environment or centre, we are also willing to train the right person with transferable skills if you have the right attitude and leadership skills. We encourage applicants with transferable experience from Leisure or other relevant industries to apply.
We can't expect you to know everything about how to run a centre, So, the operations manager from our existing centre, along with the two directors will be there to support and train you.
At City Bouldering we are passionate about having a welcoming, fun, energetic centre where people feel at home and supported to get into climbing. Climbing is one of the fastest growing lifestyle sports in the UK. This is our second site and we are in the process of opening up a third site. We are a fast growing company with lots of opportunities for people to grow and develop.
Responsibilities of the Role
- Reporting directly, working closely with the CEO & Co-Founder you will be responsible for all elements of running the day to day of the centre.
- Operations - Ensuring all relevant H&S at work is managed and enforced
- Strategy - You will ultimately be responsible for growth in sales and repeat customer performance
- Oversee the cafe and bar
- Managing of a team of around 12 people with the assistance of an Assistant Manager
- Managing staff, leading inductions, training, coaching, ensuring all relevant procedures are followed and maintained
- Experience of managing a Climbing, Yoga, Healthcare, Hospitality Centre
- Excellent verbal, written and organisational skills.
- Be a confident team leader with a proven track record.
- Outstanding problem solving ability
- Good IT Literacy (word, excel, powerpoint etc)
- Have excellent customer service skills.
- Be driven towards personal development and motivated to help others
- Experience of route setting or managing a route setting schedule
- Experience managing a children's sport programme
- Experience of performing PPE inspections
- Experience of delivering NICAS or NIBAS sessions
- Experience of training instructors.
- Experience Cafe/Bar management
Our offer to the Manager:
- Highly competitive salary £38 - £40K depending on experience
- Funded training and qualifications to achieve success
- Fun and supportive working environment
- Industry standard holidays and pension contributions
- Free climbing (of course!)
Hours and Location
We operate a flexible agreement, The position will be full time 40 hours per week and include some daytime, evening, weekend and Bank Holiday work. It will be based at Westfields White City, W12 7GF.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on 28th February 2023. We'll be holding interviews the following week with the successful candidate ideally joining the team asap. We do reserve the right to close the applications early if a suitable candidate is found, so apply asap!
Closing Date: 28th February