City Bouldering is opening up in October 2021 and looking for a dynamic and passionate leader to join. The centre is located in the square mile and right next to Aldgate station. We have also just signed our second lease with Westfields London (Shepherds Bush)
Climbing is one of the fastest growing lifestyle sports in the UK and Europe and our new centre will give people of the area the ability to embrace the climbing experience, community, and lifestyle that we love.
Open every day from morning until late evening, managing our centres requires an energetic and self-motivated person, able to motivate a team and ensure our customers have a fantastic experience during every visit leaving them looking forward to their next.
Our Centre Manager will be responsible for creating an atmosphere where customers can have fun, relax, meet new friends and old, and improve their fitness in an inclusive climbing environment, underpinned by the highest standards of safety, customer service and positive team engagement.
Responsibilities of the Role
- Reporting directly, working closely with the CEO you will be responsible for all elements of running the day to day of the centre.
- Managing staff, leading inductions, training, coaching, ensuring all relevant procedures are followed and maintained
- Experience of working in the climbing wall industry.
- Hold relevant climbing instructor qualifications
- Excellent verbal, written and organisational skills.
- Be a confident team leader with a proven track record.
- Ability to use your own initiative and solve problems.
- Passionate about climbing and awareness of industry trends.
- Have excellent customer service skills.
- Be driven towards personal development and motivated to help others
- Experience of route setting or managing a route setting schedule.
- Experience of performing PPE inspections and ideally using Papertrail.
- Experience of delivering NICAS or NIBAS sessions.
- Experience of training instructors.
Our offer to the Manager:
- Highly competitive salary £32-36K depending on experience
- Being part of something very exciting from the very start!
- Funded training and qualifications to achieve success
- The chance to grow with a fast growing company (Our second lease is already signed)
- Fun and supportive working environment
- Industry standard holidays and pension contributions
- Free climbing (of course!)
Hours and Location
We operate a flexible agreement, The position will be full time 37.5 hours per week and include some daytime, evening, weekend and Bank Holiday work. It will be based at City Bouldering, 33 Aldgate High Street, London, EC3N 1AH
How to Apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to email@example.com ASAP. We'll be holding interviews as candidates apply so get in touch now, if you're interested and would like to talk it through confidentially drop us a message.