Instructor/Coach Full Time x2 (part time considered, possible job share)
42 hours a week (including weekends and evenings)
We are looking for an experienced instructor to join our team in our climbing wall centre in the heart of Keswick.
We are passionate about the outdoors and providing opportunities for people to learn a new skill and develop a love of climbing and the outdoors.
Our centre offers indoor lead climbing (offering 45 lines up to 12m high) and a dedicated bouldering area with a Moon board and Digiwall. We also run a hugely popular escape room based on a Mountain Rescue experience and have a cave, hard play area with café and run successful outdoor activities including ghyll scrambling and outdoor climbing.
The instructor would be joining our team and would be expected to lead climbing sessions indoors on our Krazy Kong section, be able to coach children and adults from beginner level through to learning to lead outdoors and indoors. They would also be expected to lead ghyll scrambling sessions and coach children when our academies and kids' clubs are restarted. A knowledge of the NICAS system would be desirable.
Our centre is open every day from morning and until late evening during the week and is especially busy during holiday periods. We require an energetic, organised, punctual, reliable and self-motivated person who displays excellent customer skills, displays all necessary outdoor qualifications, demonstrates a good level of IT skills and has experience of working in a similar setting.
Responsibilities and qualities include:
- Instructing/coaching/teaching all ages
- Maintain records and update paperwork relating to sessions
- Able to adapt priorities and maintain a high standard of service during busy times
- Taking bookings over the phone, face to face and through our online booking system
- Serving drinks and snacks
- Ability to work as a team as well as on your own
- Be punctual and reliable and have excellent people skills.
- CWI and/or RCI
- 2-day First Aid
- CWDI or RCDI
- Fundamentals 1, 2 and 3
- Foundation Coach or equivalent
- Route setting experience
- Ghyll scrambling experience.
In return, we would offer you:
- Free climbing
- Discount in our shop
- £10.42 - £11 per hour (depending on qualifications)
- A supportive and friendly team of instructors
- Industry standard holidays and pension contributions
Application closing date is Monday 3rd April with interviews taking place as soon as possible thereafter. All applications should be made by email to email@example.com with attached CV and letter outlining why you would be suitable for this post.
Yet another minimum wage climbing job based in a very expensive place to live, whilst requiring an RCI and 2 day outdoor first aid.
At least we can see the pay now so know not to bother applying.