Jöttnar produces premium technical clothing for mountain sports. We are a young company, building a high performing team and delivering ambitious growth plans.
Working within the marketing department, this is a role combining creativity with technical skill. You will assist with all aspects of brand and product presentation across multiple customer-facing platforms, ensuring that it best represents Jöttnar. You will additionally assist the daily retail operation of Jöttnar's website, helping to optimise site functionality and customer journey.
An exciting role within an e-commerce focused brand, with significant job progression opportunities.
You will likely have 2+ years of experience in a similar role, agency or client-side, although this could be an excellent opportunity for a high-quality recent graphic design or photography graduate. You will also be an active mountain sports enthusiast, able to map across your passion and experience here into the creative development of your design briefs.
You will enjoy creative as well as technical challenges, and have the flexibility and appetite to focus your energy equally on both. You will have the maturity, discipline and self-confidence to operate semi-autonomously in a fast-paced environment.
In addition to your creative credentials, diligence, conscientiousness and attention to detail will be some of your defining characteristics. A high standard of written English is desirable.
- Assist with the creation and editing of imagery, video and copy for web and digital marketing use including: post-production of studio product shots; in-action product shots; promotional email content; social media and advertising graphics; product landing pages and visuals for print and digital advertising.
- Upload to website of all post-production product and outdoor photography, ensuring merchandising, product representation and brand visual consistency is of the highest standard.
- Assist with analytics and reporting as required.
- Routine website audits including stock data, product information and general functionality.
- Support the day-to-day retail operation of the website including ad-hoc tasks as delegated.
Skills & Experience
- Solid relevant experience ideally with 2+ years in a similar role, agency or client-side, although this could be an excellent opportunity for a high-quality recent graduate.
- Active and passionate mountain sports enthusiast.
- Passion for brand marketing and product merchandising with the skill to execute it in an e-commerce environment.
- Visually creative and technically skilled with editing software, both video and still.
- Familiarity with promotional email design.
- Knowledge of product photography, graphic design, web design UI and UX processes.
- Understanding of image optimisation for web use.
- Experience working with HTML and web-based platforms/CMS. Shopify experience would be advantageous.
- Ambitious, high energy, good communication skills, positive attitude, team player.
- Well-organised, with an excellent eye for detail and the ability to multi-task across multiple projects.
- Able to manage and categorise design files and assets.
- Able to take initiative and work well independently.
- A never quit, think-to-the-finish spirit.
Remuneration, Benefits and Conditions
- Annual salary: £18,000-22,000, DOE.
- Employee discount.
- 25 working days paid holiday per year, in addition to normal bank and public holidays.
- Our Cardiff office will be your formal place of work, and where your initial training will take place, although a flexible home-based arrangement can be negotiated thereafter. Would best suit a candidate based in South Wales or South-West England.
Application Process & Deadlines
Please send CV and covering letter, including a link to your portfolio, to email@example.com with "Creative & Ecommerce Assistant" followed by your name in the subject line.
Applications to be received by Friday 20th August 2021. Interview process commences 30th August 2021. Role commences in line with your notice period, but not later than October 2021.