The Castle is looking for someone to join our Duty Manager & Instructor team!
This is a joint position requiring successful applicants to work across both departments. Our Duty Managers are responsible for the operation of the centre during opening hours and act as the designated First Aider when the centre is open. Instructors provide climbing tuition to all abilities and ages in line with the Castle's course syllabus.
Hours include weekdays, evenings and weekends - you will be required to work a minimum of 2 weekends a month:
- Duty Manager approx. 12 hours/wk
- Instructing hours will depend on qualification and could range from 16-30 hours/month
Is this you? Then we want to hear from you!
- Reliable, with excellent customer service skills and a drive for self-development;
- Can resolve a conflict or customer complaint diplomatically and tactfully;
- First aid trained, confident at dealing with incidents and able to maintain high health and safety standards
- Superb organisational, written and verbal communication skills;
- Practical, able to undertake maintenance tasks;
- Experienced in cash handling;
- Have experience and desire to instruct people of all ages and abilities, including differently abled climbers
- Flexible & willing to work evenings and weekends
- Passionate about climbing indoors/outdoors and able to communicate this to fellow climbers
- Proactive and have what it takes to help run a busy climbing centre;
- Can motivate a team of staff, manage a busy workload and keep smiling!
All applicants must hold CWA or SPA qualification. CWAA, CWLA, First Aid Training & Coaching Award desirable.
For more information, full job description & to apply please email:
All applicants will be required to send a CV (including contact details of 2 referees) along with a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role.
Application Deadline: Monday 5th Feb (Interview w/c 12th Feb)
Start Date: 1st April