Duty Manager at Boulders Cheltenham
This is a 'whole of service' role. Working as one of several Duty Managers, you will be responsible for the delivery of our entire service to our customers. Working on a Rota, the team will be responsible for day-to-day operations, following and creating Standard Operating Procedures to ensure the safe and successful running of the centre. You will be responsible for the organisation of the casual team of instructors and front of house assistance who are on shift with you. You will be supported by an onsite Centre Manager and a strong head office team in Cardiff.
The role will involve:
- Running the "front of house" operations, including checking customers into the centre, preparing food and drink, selling products and answering enquiries.
- Ensuring the centre is clean and in good repair.
- Running coaching/instructional sessions, from adult inductions through to weekly kids clubs.
- Helping to deliver the product suite ensuring it lives up to the high standards of the Boulders brand.
- Helping to manage the professional behaviour and morale of part time or casual employees.
- Opening and closing the facility, acting as a key holder and following standard operating procedures.
- Reporting and liaising with the Centre Manager and head office on a regular basis.
- Providing first aid and health and safety provisions.
- Stock and company equipment management.
- Assisting with the organising, promoting and running of regular events that support and promote our community of climbers.
- A good understanding of the climbing industry and community
- Climbing/bouldering coaching qualifications
- Instructing/coaching/teaching experience
- First Aid at Work
- Have experience of working within a climbing centre in a supervisory role
- Self motivated, hardworking and able to deal with challenges
- Happy working on your own to achieve outcome focused objectives
- Able to work as a part of a team to achieve the centre's overall objectives
- Pro-active approach towards customer service with demonstrable experience of dealing with the general public
- Practical knowledge of health and safety issues and their implications for the operation of a sports centre
- Committed to providing high standards of performance
- Broad knowledge of climbing best practice; current industry standards and experience of DIY / construction / maintenance
- Organisational skills
- Communication skills and reporting
- Accountability and a proactive approach to when things go wrong.
Wage and benefits
- £22,000 - £24,000 per annum depending on qualifications and experience
- 28 days annual leave
- Help with CPD (Continued Professional Development)
- Flexible hours of work
- Free climbing across Boulders sites
- Café and shop discounts
Location: Boulders Climbing Centre, Unit 4, Centrum Park, Kingsditch Lane, Cheltenham, GL51 9FD
Please send a CV and cover letter to HR@bouldersuk.com
Closing Date: 25th December
Salary: £22,000 - £24,000