An exciting opportunity in a great environment. The Castle Climbing Centre (High Performance Sports Ltd) are looking for a HR Officer to join its team.
About The Castle
The Castle offers a diverse and wide range of artificial rock climbing facilities to cater for all. Based in Stoke Newington, the Centre itself is a Grade II listed Victorian Water pumping station, with café, shop, outdoor boulders, and community gardens. A friendly and enthusiastic team we are passionate in providing the highest quality climbing facilities in a fun, motivated, and inclusive environment. Our vision and values are an important part of who we are, and we are a continually developing, focusing our efforts in areas we care about such as sustainability and inclusivity.
Reporting to the Operations Director you will be supporting Management and Staff at the Castle providing professional HR advice and guidance.
You will be supporting the business aims and values and ensuring compliance on all employment related policies and procedures in line with legislation and best practice. You will also support any business changes and projects which require HR input, providing insight and support to senior Managers and the board.
In addition to more generalist HR asks you will also complete monthly payroll and associated administrative functions on a monthly/financial year.
The successful individual will be proactive, self-aware, and caring in their approach, they will also have a natural ability to build trusting relationships with those they support, and be solution orientated.
The right candidate will have previous experience supporting a business and team with HR advice and be CIPD Level 3 accredited or above.
You will be a great communicator, with the knowledge and experience of conflict resolution and people management advice.
Experience and of working with payroll systems and monthly payroll processes is advised, however those with a good knowledge of payroll and its processes will also be considered.
An interest in Climbing is recommended to understand the wider needs of the business.
Essential Skills & Experience
- CIPD Level 3 qualification OR part qualification and working towards full accreditation of CIPD Level 3 or above.
- Previous experience of working in a fast-paced HR team, providing first level advice on HR policies and procedures, employment law and employee relations issues.
- A good foundation in HR theory.
- Experience of and/or a good knowledge of payroll processes.
- Experienced in effective prioritising of workloads, dealing with multiple varied enquiries.
- Proficient in using MS Office; particularly Word, Excel and Outlook, also keen knowledge and awareness of the importance of databases and their role in providing accurate management information.
- Ability and experience of building relationships and trust in a supportive role.
Benefits of working at The Castle
- Free use of climbing facilities
- Nominated individual who can climb with you for free
- Reciprocal entry scheme with other participating walls
- Staff discount in Café and Shop
- Staff socials
- Training, coaching and development opportunities
- Healthcare (after successful probation completion)
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays)
To apply please send your CV and a cover letter explaining why you would like to work at the Castle to Sophie.Gilders@castle-climbing.co.uk
At The Castle, everyone is welcome! Having an inclusive, fair and respectful workplace is extremely important to us. We want to build a climbing community that is representative of the community we are in and a place that everyone feels they belong to.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent