We're looking for a Mobile Business Manager to head up our mobile climbing and caving activities.
As well as our Climbing Centre in Gloucester, we're also the largest Mobile Climbing Wall operator in the UK and bring the thrill of climbing and caving to events and venues across the country. From community, corporate and social events to private parties, trade shows and school fun days, our mobile activities have been the star attraction at all of them.
Offering more than just a great job, there's a package worth £25-35K depending on experience and skills you can bring to the job, and a number of discounts and benefits.
Reporting to our Mobile Business Director and working alongside the management team from the Climbing Centre, you will play an exciting, pivotal part in the success of the business. You will oversee the mobile sales operation to meet targets, managing a broad-ranging team and our varied fleet of mobile equipment and vehicles. You'll make sure we deliver the best possible service to customers at venues and events all over the country.
It takes a great team to deliver a best-in-class mobile climbing experience, so you'll…
- Be responsible for recruiting, onboarding and training new team members
- Plan and prepare team schedules and develop & manage all procedures to ensure events are delivered to the best standard possible
- Oversee the servicing and upkeep of all vehicles and mobile equipment
- Support sales functions and develop procedures
- Ensure excellent communication channels with staff and customers
- Show understanding and passion for our brand, ensuring all the team represent the company in the best possible way at all times
- Attain high levels of customer satisfaction and feedback
- Ensure all training, H&S measures and legal regulations are correct, followed and current
We want you to be the best you can, so we'll give you all the tools to achieve this – it's then over to you to show what you've got!
We're a forward-thinking business so you'll also champion innovations, change and implement this with all aspects of the team.
Ideally, you'll come from a high-paced environment and customer-facing leadership role with an understanding of delivering services in a branded operation. Obviously, you will need a full driving licence and will be required to undertake a DBS check. If you want to be part of a busy and energetic management team then apply today!
The Warehouse is an inclusive employer. We believe that everyone is different and that's a good thing and there should be no barriers to entry or no limits to ambition. We welcome applications from whatever your background or situation. Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community are encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, wherever possible, will try to support this.
To apply for this role, please email our Climbing Centre General Manager, Jeremy Chapman on email@example.com along with a copy of your CV, or complete the online Application Form by clicking the Apply Online button.
Purpose of Role
Manage the Mobile Equipment, Vehicles & Team to ensure high-quality events for our customers run safely, in a professional manner whilst controlling costs in line with budget. Also oversee the sales operation to ensure targets are met.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit and manage team to ensure staffing levels are always adequate to maximise business opportunities
- Develop and manage all procedures to ensure events are delivered to the highest standard and in line with customer requirements
- Undertake regular audits of vehicles, equipment and storage unit
- Support sales function by providing technical and commercial support ensuring all contracts are viable both logistically and commercially.
- Oversee out of hours communication for both staff and customers
- Provide cover for sales enquires and be able to complete all sales documentation
- Develop sales procedures to stream line where possible
- Utilise tracking system to monitor vehicles and assess effectiveness and make improvements where applicable
- Oversee all vehicle and equipment servicing & repairs
- Plan & prepare all team schedules, holiday cover and off-day schedules
- Monitor Drivers on safe driving hours and ensure fleet and drivers operate within legal regulations
- Oversee staff training of both drivers and operators and ensure all required documentation is correct and up to date
- Train drivers to operate with great levels of road sense and are courteous and considerate to other road users
- Ensure that staff are representing the company in the best possible way at all times
- Develop and maintain a pricing model that accurately reflects associated costs per booking and ensures a minimum profit per event is achieved
- Ensure a high level of customer feedback
- Ensure excellent communication channels with staff and customers
- Attend meetings and training initiatives at other locations as required
- To undertake any other duties as reasonably required within your competency.
- To adhere to all policies and procedures.
- To undertake any training and development activities at the request of your line manager, as required.
- To take care of your own safety and the safety of others at all times by complying with the Health & Safety Policy at all times.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times.
Performance Measured By
- KPI Scheme
- Annual Appraisal
- Quarterly one to one's
- Performance assessments and audits
- Ability to build a strong network of relevant areas of the business to maintain effective communication.
- Current knowledge of Working Time Directive & Tachograph regulations.
- Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Management or Supervisory experience.
- Events industry experience.
- Knowledge of transport tracking systems
- 4 years driving experience
- GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Maths
- Team Leader or Supervisor qualification.
- Trailer license (B+E)
- Expressing confidence in own ability to select the correct course of action
- Standing by own decisions and taking responsibility for them
- Providing others with clear directions
- Monitoring others' behaviour to ensure appropriate standards are met
- Inspiring enthusiasm and a positive work attitude in others
- Expressing appreciation of others when they produce good work
- Showing tolerance and understanding to others
- Meeting personal and legal obligations of the position held
- Arriving on time for work, meetings and appointments
- Accepting direction without unnecessarily challenging authority
- Following safety rules and regulations
- Following recommended working procedures, organisational policies and regulations
- Maintain a positive outlook in the face of difficulties
- Remaining objective and focussed on work during difficult situations
- Acting on own initiative without being prompted
- Make decisions despite being uncertainties or pressures
- Delegating work to others on the basis of their abilities and the resources available
- Absorbing new information rapidly
- Contributing to systems that allow individuals to share information
- Gathering comprehensive information from a range of sources
- Monitoring own and others' progress against deadlines and milestones
- Optimising use of available people, equipment and financial resources to accomplish tasks
- Identifying priorities and action steps for achieving objectives