We're looking for route setters to join the teams in Reading and Southampton!
What started out as an idea to open a wall in Manchester 20 years ago has resulted in Parthian Climbing becoming one of the most renowned mixed bouldering and roped climbing centre groups in the UK. We've got sites in Manchester, Harrogate, Reading and Southampton – and we've got big ideas for the future.
Now, this is your chance to support the evolution of the Parthian Climbing brand with one of our top objectives: brilliant route setting. Great climbs are what everyone comes to the centre for after all, right?
This is a part-time position, three days a week, with the occasional day at other Parthian Climbing sites to help with competitions and events.
Here's what we're looking for:
- Prior experience with commercial route setting – both lead and bouldering
- Flexibility with working hours to support the team when needed
- Willingness to get stuck into the less glamorous bits of route setting – washing holds and general maintenance
- Creativity, enthusiasm, and a genuine appreciation for different climbing styles and grades
- A commitment to catering for a broad clientele – from the weekend warrior to the 8a die-hard
What's in it for you?
- Hourly rate of pay: £10.25 - £11
- A variable hour contract starting from 24 hours
- Be part of a team that's dedicated to developing quality routes, and talented route setters
- Receive mentorship and regular reviews on your setting
- The opportunity to complete funded qualifications including RSA and IPAF
- Discounts on kit from the Parthian shop
- Travel expenses paid when travelling to sites that aren't your contracted place of work
- Free climbing across all sites!
Reckon you fit the bill? Click the link below to apply for the role, or drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.