LOCATION: Chippenham, but may be required to work at other South West sites.
We are hiring up to two Senior Duty Managers positions to support the Operations Manager in a newly built Chippenham wall. Senior DMs will be primarily based on the counter but will have time off-desk to perform other duties and will have a department specification which will be; Customer Service & Staffing – supporting the Operations Manager with sales, rota, hiring and the development of staff.
This is an exciting opportunity to help run the centres and support day-to-day operations. Please read the following document to find out more.
Ideally you'll already have some experience of being a shift manager in a climbing centre and want to develop this further to a full-time role with some additional responsibilities.
Please visit our website to read the full job description (and additional info), link below.
Role Specific Responsibility
Will be required to fulfill all general Duty Manager responsibilities as listed in the job description linked on our website.
Additional Customer Service Responsibilities
- Provide the Operations Manager with regular shift feedback on how the reception has been running and help develop and lead changes within the counter team and operations to best suit customers and staff.
- Work with the Operations Managers (Staff) to ensure that the Counter Team are up-to-date with current TCA policies. Deliver on-site, in-person training consistently to all staff.
- Work with the Operations manager to ensure the counter team is well staffed and to support interviews and development of new staff throughout probations, appraisals and disciplinaries where required.
- Will ensure all posters and signage are relevant, up-to date and well presented in the centres they are predominantly based in. Will have a good working relationship with Marketing Manager and Social Assistant and support communicating updates to the counter team.
- Take a lead role in talent management pathways, training and developing Counter Staff to Senior Counter and then to DM level when required.
- Will be responsible for ensuring the rota is correct on a day-to-day basis, that it is up to date and that holiday and absence is covered in a timely manner and issues are reported to the Operations Manager.
- Ensure cleaning rota is adhered to and cleaning standards are maintained throughout the centres.
- To understand the staffing budget and in turn be able to support the development of the rota with ideas and developments to better the counter team.
- Will be competent in several office tasks such as taking group bookings, answering general enquiries through all of TCA's communication platforms and banking takings. Is able to train and support more junior staff in doing these tasks.
- Work with Operations Managers to ensure we are keeping cafe and shop stock levels at an appropriate level and minimise cafe wastage. Be able to perform stock takes, ensuring deliveries are complete and accurate and book stock into the in-store inventories on an ongoing basis.
- Will have great product knowledge and support with training for all the Counter Team.
- To support other Staff + Senior DM Maintenance with their roles and responsibilities where required especially in times of absence.
The post holder is expected to undertake any other reasonable duties within their capabilities and the scope of the post as specified by the Operations Managers
- Good level of climbing experience
- Willingness to obtain an instructing qualification quickly or have an Instructional qualification in place
- Retail and Customer Service Experience
- Experienced user of Sheets, Docs
- Good communication skills written and verbal
- Problem-solving skills
- Working in a fast-paced environment and working to deadlines
- 2-day first aid course
- HR experience
Salary: £22-24K depending on experience, plus bonus and benefits.
Hours: Full-time (150 hours per rota). Evening and weekend work may be required.
Training: We will encourage and facilitate your development through off the job training and development
Holiday: 28 days per year
Benefits: Pension of 3% of salary, discounts on shop and cafe products, free climbing at all our centres
Reports to: Operations Manager