This is an exciting and unique position becoming available with the Westway Climbing centre.
The job purpose
The Head Climbing Coach is responsible for all aspects of the quality of the delivery provided to our customers by the coaching team. You will ensure that the Westway is providing industry-leading coaching both in its quality and its safety practices. You will be responsible for identifying the training needs of our team to ensure its industry leading standards and deliver training when required.
You will work closely with the Head of Climbing to ensure that the coaching quality and resultant sales, referrals and repeat business are in line with the Climbing Centre's commercial plans.
The Head Climbing Coach is to ensure that the scheduling and administration of the climbing coaching programme is carried out and that all customers are communicated with effectively.
You will need to have the right blend and balance of commercial awareness, people management and business strategy, as well as
- Experience of managing a team
- Experienced climber of all disciplines including traditional, sport and bouldering
- Excellent knowledge of the health and safety considerations of a large commercial climbing centre
- Experience of managing groups climbing outside
- Relevant climbing coaching experience in a large commercial climbing business
- Experience of managing budgets
- Knowledge of promoting sports activities
- Ability to manage team and provide training
- Responsible, punctual and able to manage own time effectively
- SPA or CWA holder (minimum)
For further details of accountabilities, to discuss the role or to apply please contact Jez Tapping at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants should supply their CV and a covering letter. Applicants will be expected to attend an interview as well as present -subject TBC on receipt of application.
Closing date for applications is the 7th of July.
Interviews will be held the week commencing the 8th of July.