Climbing's great- there is so much to like about it!
- Shared adventures and new friends made as a result
- Being in the outdoors: fresh air, mountain views, and being surrounded by nature
- Having a reason to travel and explore new places that I might not otherwise experience
- Feeling that nice kind of tired after a day climbing in the hills
- Challenging myself and the sense of achievement I get from doing something that I found difficult
- The feeling of movement on rock/ ice
- Being totally absorbed in what I'm doing and the opportunity to switch off from all of the stresses of life temporarily
- All the memories I have from funny stories to tell my mates in the pub, to happy memories of all the enjoyable days out I've had
I also love that there are so many different types of climbing that I never get bored. I really enjoy adventurous mountain trad days but I've recently discovered training and the satisfaction that comes with improvement, so I'm currently trying a bit more sport climbing and bouldering.
Best Climbing Experience
I've had so many great days out in the mountains, but the Rochefort Arete and SW Face of the Dent du Geant stand out, stunning scenery, great contrasting routes and a long and tiring but really satifsfying day out!
Favourite Climbing-Related Discussion Topic
Winter conditions- the guess work about what it's going to be like is all part of the fun!
Ideas and suggestions for routes I might want to climb- I love dreaming about what I might climb next...
Training and improvement
Overcoming fear and the mental challenges of climbing
Moderator for 10 crags, checking missing climbs added to the logbooks: Paradise Walls, Ardnish, Flying Ant Buttress, Ardnish, Galayos, Pedra Longa, Wee Crag, Gecko Crag, Caves of Frachti, Luggate Boulders, Riscos de Villarejo, Torozo
Interests Outside Climbing
I enjoy fell running, mountain marathons, mountain biking, skiing and any other adventures that involve getting out in the hills.
About My Photography
Click to list photo comments written by me. (1 comment)
I've voted for 8 photos, average vote 5.0.
(100% superb - 0% good - 0% average - 0% poor - 0% rubbish)
Been Climbing For
11 to 20 years
Trad - E1
Sport - 6c
Winter - IV
Indoor - 7a
Sport - 7a
Bouldering - V5
In the UK & Europe
The East Ridge of Talbot in the Darrans
The Normal route on Stetind
NE Buttress on Ben Nevis in Winter
The North Ridge of the Piz Badile
The Rochefort Arete and SW Face of the Dent Du Geant
Batman at Reiff
The Traverse of Jebel Rum
Bernia Ridge 4c
Lilac Wine 6a
Recessed Slab & Crack 6a
Yorkshire Lads 6b
Diferente Partes 6c
Rowland's Magical Mystery Tour 5a
Grand Grill 5c
Law of Gravity LH (start only) f6B
Law Of Gravity 7a
Western Arête VS 4c
... list all 1650 climbs