Here, Steve demonstrates how to ascend the rope using 2 Wild Country Ropemen devices from a free-hanging position.
- Wild Country Ropeman How To #1 - Ascending the Rope
- Subsequent episodes will show Basic Hauling and how to escape the system to effect a rescue.
About Steve Long
Steve Long (51) is an International Mountain Guide currently working as part-time Technical Officer at Mountain Leader Training UK and also serving as the president of the UIAA's Training Standards Working Group. He is a founding member of the Association of Mountaineering Instructors, and worked at Plas y Brenin as a senior instructor for 12 years. He is the author of the popular instructional DVD Self-Rescue for Climbers and also the definitive text for mountain leaders: Hillwalking, as well as various over projects such as the current Tremadog guidebook.
Steve is a keen and active climber, equally at home on rock or ice; and has visited every continent for mountaineering activities. Climbing highlights include one of the few British ascents of Cerro Torre, several routes on the Troll Wall, canyoning and big walling in Borneo (Low's Gully), a winter ascent of the Dru's French Direct and various other big walls; the most recent being the Fish route on the Marmolada. Steve also regularly works with climbing federations from other countries to help them set up their own leader and instructor training schemes: current projects include Nepal, Ladakh, Israel, Turkey and Portugal.
- REVIEW: North Wales Limestone 22 Sep, 2014
- Thermo Half Zip from Marmot 18 Sep, 2013
- REVIEW: Mammut RescYou Crevasse Rescue Device 19 Mar, 2013
- Metolius Contact Training Board 23 Jan, 2013
- COMPARISON REVIEW: Lightweight Alpine Mountaineering Boots 4 Oct, 2012
- Wild Country Ropeman How To #1 - Ascending the Rope 2 Oct, 2012
- REVIEW: DMM Alpha Trad Quickdraws 24 Sep, 2012
- Montane Medusa 32 Rucksack 24 May, 2012
- Rockfax : The Beginners' Guide for Climbers 10 Apr, 2012
- How to rescue your second 22 Jul, 2011