UKC

beginer

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jgdavis 29 Nov 2012
i am at uni studying outdoor ed and we are doing climbing what is a good area in Cornwall to find good bouldering problems as i wish to improve but i do not have any trad kit (student buget!!!)
 cuppatea 29 Nov 2012
In reply to jgdavis:

Cornwall's a big place. Whereabouts are you? Might help the locals recommend a wall/crag.
OP jgdavis 29 Nov 2012
In reply to jgdavis: i live in wadebridge if that helps but im happy to drive.
 cuppatea 29 Nov 2012
In reply to jgdavis:

http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/map/

Have a browse round, hopefully someone who knows the area well will be along later
 JJL 29 Nov 2012
In reply to jgdavis:

Here, let me help you - I remember when I was just starting out and short of a consonant.

n
 richardkeast 01 Dec 2012
In reply to jgdavis:

The best bet from Wadebridge is Helman Tor. Loads of good problems across the grades. There's also some stuff at Roche, and if you head up the A30 or to Camelford there's some good stuff coming out of the woodwork on Bodmin Moor. Oh, and there's also some good stuff appearing in the Luxulyan Valley, if you fancy a bit of a jungle adventure.

Then there's Penwith...
 Elrond 01 Dec 2012
In reply to richardkeast:

Got to agree with that. Helman and Roche are both decent bouldering areas, with Helman having a much larger variety of problems and grades etc. Thje stuff in Luxulyan valley is all a bit hard to find from my experience. If you want to get more into it, it may be worth getting the new guide book as it has a load of decent stuff in it in that area.
OP jgdavis 02 Dec 2012
In reply to jgdavis: thinks guys this is very helpful. any recommended? are there any in any guide books?
 Elrond 02 Dec 2012
In reply to jgdavis:

I'd definitely recommend Helman Tor as it just has such a wide variety of problems and grades. As for guidebooks, the new Cheesewring and South East Cornwall guide has everything you'll need in it with loads of routes and boulders at a load of crags in that area.
 RossKirtley 03 Dec 2012
In reply to jgdavis: Surely a super bad effort from a wannabe troll...
In reply to jgdavis: There is a good climbing wall halfway between Launceston and Tavistock, at - it has a lead wall and a bouldering boulder.

The Barn
Eastacott Barton Farm, Milton Abbot, Launceston, DEVON PL19 0QP
www.barnclimbingwall.co.uk
OP jgdavis 03 Dec 2012
In reply to jgdavis: ok cool thank this has been a good help!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...