UKC

Bouldering trousers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 supersteve 17 Jan 2020

Decided it is time I should buy some dedicated bouldering trousers for vanity / psychological influence. The Moon Cypher are the obvious choice. Any other suggestions? 

HakanT 17 Jan 2020
In reply to supersteve:

I’ve looked long and hard for a pair of trousers that are flexible enough to not impede a high step, reasonably rugged and don’t come in Teletubbies colours.  Turns out the answer is Primark’s Stretch Straight Fit. £10. You’re welcome.

MonkeyPuzzle 17 Jan 2020
In reply to supersteve:

Sorry about One-legged Alf above; he's awfully bitter.

Alpkit stretch jeans are ace. Worth a look.

Ciro 18 Jan 2020
In reply to supersteve: 

Karrimor do a fleece lined trouser for under £20 that keeps you nice and warm between goes and will take endless abuse. 

OP supersteve 18 Jan 2020

In reply to ALF_BELF:

LOL. I do appreciate some quality forum banter. Your feedback in noted. 

In reply to supersteve:

For the 'downlikes' I probably should add some context here. I live in Font and have trashed a couple of pairs of trousers in the past 12 months so need something to put up with regular sandstone abuse. Trousers fit for purpose rather than vanity. I'm not naturally a boulderer - almost as bad as being a snowboarder. 

PaulJepson 18 Jan 2020
In reply to supersteve:

I like Prana trousers for abrasive stuff. Generous fit all round and comfortable. Plus take a trashing and easy to patch. 

GoneFishing111 18 Jan 2020
In reply to HakanT:

And if your feeling flush i am quite fond of Next jeans for bouldering

Arms Cliff 18 Jan 2020
In reply to supersteve:

I like the Patagonia Gritstone pants for a good level of abrasion resistance (plus the Ironclad Guarantee). Not cheap though.  Less likely to be made in a sweatshop that some of the other recommendations too...

In reply to supersteve:

I've taken to using the simond ones that look like stretchy jeans available from decathlon. They aren't super durable so I don't wash them until they really really need it. Too warm for summer but perfect for winter.

Adrien 18 Jan 2020
In reply to supersteve:

I've been living in Font for 6 years and still use the same two 10€ Decathlon light trousers, which I also use for cycling and hiking, so I kinda struggle to understand how you can wear through trousers this quickly! And I do seek out offwidths and kneebars!

In reply to Adrien:

My main issue is I am currently unemployed so have a lot of spare time climbing, biking, gardening, etc which takes its toll on my leg wear. I did have a nice pair of Tesco linen trousers which were my main goto pair, but then I had an accident (see my post from May last year) and the nurses had to cut them off me. They also cut off my boxers, but I had passed out by that stage and had no chance to explain the room was cold...

HakanT 19 Jan 2020
In reply to GoneFishing111:

Proper posh.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...