UKC

Camping and Guide book for Font

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
These are age old questions I'm sure, I've had a look but just need some help

Is La Musardiere the recommended campsite?

Also any recommendations for a guide book for pretty much an absolute beginner, I'm talking V1s / V2s so far.

Thanks muchly
 obi-wan nick b 06 May 2013
In reply to 6BStu: http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=543257&v=1#x7272631
Fontainebleau Climbs the new white addition that came out last year is probably your best option combined with a ign map of the area. Maps are available in tourist info ( the one in Barbizon normally stocks it) and that campsite is v popular as its conveniently located near some good bouldering and close to Milly for shops etc.
 JLS 06 May 2013
In reply to 6BStu:

>"Also any recommendations for a guide book for pretty much an absolute beginner, I'm talking V1s / V2s so far."

Your best bet is to start by trying to complete orange circuits. The best guide for that style of climbing IS the Jingo Wobbly "Magique" guide however as you will see the guide has it's detractors. The new "Fontainbleau Climbs" (white version not purple) is also good and covers a broad range of problems but requires the support of the IGN OS type map. On my last trip Jingo Wobbly "Fun Bloc" proved to be the most often consulted guide book with its extensive photo topos.

Have a good trip.
 RichardP 06 May 2013
In reply to 6BStu:
> These are age old questions I'm sure, I've had a look but just need some help
>
> Is La Musardiere the recommended campsite?

It's been about 10 years since I was last there, but they are a great campsite. It is a short drive to Milly-la-Floret, which is a great little village. the Baker visits the campsite evry morning.

>
> Also any recommendations for a guide book for pretty much an absolute beginner, I'm talking V1s / V2s so far.

I have an old guidebook from about 20 years ago, and I know it's been replaced
In reply to 6BStu:

Excellent, thanks very much everyone, guide books on order Just need to practice le francais

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...