UKC

getting back into bouldering/climbing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jamesg85 17 Oct 2023

I'm looking to get back into bouldering/climbing. I'm going to set a goal of doing the green traverse at Stanage. Might look at some other problems for inspiration too. Perhaps font 6a could be a stepping stone goal. Any quality Stanage/Froggatt 6a boulder ideas? Thanks

midgen 17 Oct 2023
In reply to jamesg85:

Quite the step from 6a to The Green Traverse! I'd just go and get on it if that's your goal, being a traverse and all, see what the moves feel like in isolation. It's basically all shoulders so get doing your pull-ups.

Plenty of other good problems nearby to hop on, like the pebble and Deliverance traverse is nice to work when your arms are dead even if you can't land the dyno like me! 

OP jamesg85 17 Oct 2023
In reply to midgen:

Thanks, yeah I might get a pull up bar. The pebble is where I might start off yeah. I've got a question when trying to improve is it best to climb say 2 or 3 times a week and have plenty of rest days? I think before I climbed too much and never game myself a chance to recover.

In reply to jamesg85:

I think that what you do when you choose to go climbing is going to be more influential than how often you go. I don't usually climb more than 3times a week but I'm usually quite structured with my sessions when I do and that works well for me. 

joeruckus 20 Oct 2023

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...