UKC

Lancashire Lockdown boredom

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Obi Wan 10 Feb 2021

So, considering we are still in lockdown, and not allowed to leave our local area to climb. I am getting bored of climbing in the same places.

Anybody recommend a venue in Ribble valley area that's not nick of Pendle, or Craig y longridge? 

It is starting to feel like groundhog day, and I've exhausted all the problems I can do.

climberchristy 10 Feb 2021
In reply to Obi Wan:

You are joking? Just be thankful you have two crags local to you. Many of us have none. I've been limited to climbing on my home board in my loft and now that's impossible due to rehab from surgery. 

Si dH 10 Feb 2021
In reply to Obi Wan:

If only I could go to Longridge instead of being stuck on my board...

If you are local buy Robin Mueller's guide.

Post edited at 17:41
OP Obi Wan 10 Feb 2021
In reply to Si dH:

I've got it, just wondered if anyone had any more up their sleeves.

And, I am grateful for having rock close enough to get to, don't get me wrong. 

petegunn 10 Feb 2021
In reply to Obi Wan:

Surely you should be working towards ticking "The Traverse of The Gods" Though I guess some sections may be wet or have icicles on! 😂 

LCWatson 11 Feb 2021
In reply to Obi Wan;

You may have already thought of this, but what about some of the local trad crags and easy solos/traverses. I've definitely seen people bouldering in Witches Quarry. 

OP Obi Wan 11 Feb 2021
In reply to LCWatson:

Yeah, had thought of that. Not a bad shout.

lpretro1 14 Feb 2021
In reply to Obi Wan:

Witches Quarry

robin mueller 15 Feb 2021
In reply to Obi Wan:

I haven't been to look, but someone told me there was a decent bouldering wall at Witches. I think eliminates were mentioned.

I've done some nice bouldering at Winewall quarry. Is that in your area?

There is a long traverse to do at Rabbit Delf or Star Delf. Whichever one you have to walk across the fields to get to. The cave there is sadly made of cheese, but there is a lowball lip trav of a boulder to do. I cleaned it off years ago but never got round to it. Probably overgrown again now.

I heard someone had done some bouldering at Kemp Delf, but I don't know the details.

OP Obi Wan 22 Feb 2021
In reply to robin mueller:

Only just seen your reply, sorry. Yes they are close enough to me; not been to either rabbit or star Delf. Might be worth a look Cheers. Are they in your book, not looked?

Emilio Bachini 22 Feb 2021
In reply to Obi Wan:

Any crags or routes in the area that could do with a cleaning, old gear removing or replacing? 

Roger Vickers 24 Feb 2021
In reply to robin mueller:

We used to do a low level traverse at Kemp Delph in the 60's which is when we originally developed it.  There is also some deep water soloing on the buttress above the water. Not exactly the weather at the moment though.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...