UKC

Stanage Green Traverse right side newies

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 paul mitchell 31 Jul 2017
Two short probs round at the back of the Green Traverse boulder,Stanage.Standing on mats banned for the grade.
At the far rear right of the boulder there is a crease running down the slab left to right.The 2 probs are here.

Grunting Punter V4 Sit start. Hang the crease and mantel out leftwards. Spring,2016

Stunted Grunter V4. Undercut the crease with left hand , mantel with right on rounded smee at apex of boulder.
30 July 2017

Mitch
 Sean_J 31 Jul 2017
In reply to paul mitchell:

Spring 2016 is hardly "new"... and has it not been done before?
OP paul mitchell 31 Jul 2017
In reply to Sean_J:
Ta for the positive comment,Sean. New for anyone who didn't know about them. The rock had to be cleaned,so I assume not done before.I posted the info,if done before,someone who did them before can claim them.Simples.
It's called communicaton,Sean. I won't be sobbing loudly if they are not new.

I assume you will have a go (at the probs) next time you are at the boulder.
Post edited at 10:51
 zv 31 Jul 2017

Thanks Mitch! I will give them a go next time I'm there.
I've always enjoyed your problems that you've shown me at New Mills!
 Sean_J 31 Jul 2017

I don't appreciate the snidey direct email you sent me Paul, if you have something to say then say it on this forum. I don't know who you are and I do not know your posting history (I rarely frequent UKC anyway), your accusations in that email verge on paranoia.

Regarding your post above, I was simply asking if it had been done before, no need to be so aggressive with me. I would be surprised that something in such a popular and well-known location would have been overlooked unless there was an obvious reason. I also pointed out that Spring 2016 is not really new (have you not added them to a UKC or other database anywhere? That seems to be the accepted method nowadays, it might get more people looking it up and trying it that way). I think that "New for anyone who didn't know about them" is a bit of a silly statement really - there many popular existing routes out there that have had many ascents neither you or I know about, that doesn't make them new.
In reply to Sean_J:
Ok ,Sean.You don't really know me,so kindly keep your aggressive and ill considered remarks off my postings ,until you DO know me. Come to New Mills if you want to climb with me.That way we could be less confrontational. Far too easy to have a pop at some one on a website,AS you have just proved. To repeat the point,if they are not new,someone can point that out,but only as they have read it on this posting.MItch
Post edited at 11:18
 probablylost 31 Jul 2017
In reply to Sean_J:

On the assumption that it's the Paul Mitchell I'm thinking of, some insight into what he knows about first ascents (a lot) can be gleaned from https://www.rockfax.com/databases/dates.php?area=1 https://www.rockfax.com/databases/dates.php?area=2 for example.
In reply to paul mitchell: Here is a copy of my email.Snidey?No.

Seems you just jumped on the bandwagon of ''having a go at
Mitch'',regarding problems at Green Traverse.

Why so aggressive?

Anything I post has someone having a pop at me.No matter how neutral my
post.
 Jackwd 31 Jul 2017

Get your popcorn here! POP! CORN! Anyone want popcorn?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...