UKC

Where to boulder near Reeth?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Hi all,

Hoping to draw on the collective ukc brain here. I'm going to be near Reeth (Grinton) for a few days next week and have half a day to boulder. Needs to be a short walk in as Ill have 2 toddler's with me, not highball as ill only have 1 pad and ideally a quality 7a or 2 but happy with good mileage in the 6s. I don't know the area at all, where should we go? 

Post edited at 21:33
 Emilio Bachini 16 Feb 2019
In reply to Somerset swede basher:

Hi, you might struggle with the short walk in front. Slipstones and Crag Willas are both well worth visits, though both involve a drive and maybe a 20 minute walk. Parts of the latter are also not 1 pad height. Though the same can be said for the left end of Slipstone, there’s loads on the right end to keep you busy whilst safe.

Look forward to hearing others suggestions. Emilio. 

In reply to Emilio Bachini:

Thanks, I managed to get hold of a guidebook and am thinking roundhill is probably a winner though its a slightly longer drive. 

Malcolm Bass 17 Feb 2019

Brimham would meet all your requirements. It is a fun place for kids. You can be on good one pad 6s and 7s in less than 5 minutes from the car. 

afx22 17 Feb 2019

I’m not up to speed on the 7’s but Roundhill is a nice place to be and most of the landings are ideal.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...